VIII

Atiya pov
"Set has Ra's spear, he's drawing Apophis to the Nile, the source of all life." Horus told us.
"Why?" Bek inquired.
"To drink it. To destroy all creation. Ra isn't dead, and only he can make this right. But he needs his spear." The god explained.
"Ok so what's our plan?" I asked.
"Maybe it's time we go fishing." He smirked at me.

Le time skip

Horus clamped a hand down on Urshu's shoulder and dragged him to his feet.
"Builder, we have need of you." Horus growled. I walked beside Horus the whole way. As we aproched the obilesk I looked to Horus for comfort. He placed his hand on my arm and nodded. We stepped on to the elevator. I clutched Zaya's necklace that now rested around my throat. Urshu was blabbering on about the obilesk but I didn't pay attention.
"My... I mean Lord Set's obilesk stands exactly 2,220 cubits tall and not a rod off. Built from seven billion blocks of granite, five billion slabs of Tura limestone, and nine billion talents of gold." He boasted
"And the lives of how many slaves?" Bek snarled.
"5,930, no wait, make that 5,931." He pointed to Zaya's necklace." Bek rushed forward to hit him but Horus stopped him.
"Don't you need him to get to the top of the roof. I'll see you up top." Horus mumbled. I looked up at him panicked. "You'll be fine." He reassured me. He then took a running start and jumped onto a ledge. I sighed and turned back to Bek. Urshu kept talking but I ignored him. Until He started talking about my sister. I was about to snap when Bek punched him only to be met with hard metal. I watched in horror as Bek finally overpowered Urshu and let him fall from the rising platform. Bek grabbed me and we both ascended to the top.

Horus pov
I tried to sneak up on Set as quietly as possible, however I failed and he struck me down, I raised my spear in time to block his second blow.
"I can understand killing for a crown, but this is madness." I stated.
"Of course you don't understand. How could you? Favored son of a favored son." He went to strike me again we fought until I was on my back and Set had raised Ra's spear above me. "You know I think I may miss our little get-togethers, but you're still no match for me." I looked behind him to see Atiya swing the rope around.
"You're right, I'm just the bait." And with that Atiya redirected his spear.

Atiya pov
Set turned around and glared at me.
"Alright, now you're just becoming a pest." He then turned into a terrifying beast, with the wings of Nepthys, the brain of Thoth, and Horus's other eye.  I felt myself being gripped by the hair I turned to face the god and found the eye right within reach. I pulled a dagger from my belt and wrenched the blue orb from him. He threw me to the ground and I felt my spine snap but I couldn't focus on that now. I tossed the eye to Horus as I slid towards edge of the obilesk. I felt myself falling over the edge and I closed my eyes waiting for the hard impact of the pavement below, however a hand grabbed my arm. I opened my eyes to see Bek gripping my forearm and Horus holding onto Bek and the edge, keeping us from  falling.
"Don't you think your eye would have been more useful than a wounded thief?" I chuckled but instantly stopped as I felt a burning pain in my side.
"Probably, yes." He strained. "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. Including this." He sighed.
"Apology accepted." I whispered, and he let go. I felt the air upon my warm skin. I was gently laid against a pedestal along with Bek who had been stabbed by Urshu.
"Didn't Bek say we'd steal back your other eye? You could have saved us the trouble and told us you didn't need it." I smiled softly.
"I need to tell you something." He knelt down to my level. "I have loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you at my coronation." He smiled and placed a small kiss on my cheek.
"Don't get all lovey on me now, you've got more protecting to do." He smirked and flew off.
"Well that was unexpected." Bek laughed softly.
"Shut it." I nudged him, but got no response. "Bek? BEK!" He was gone.

Horus pov
I managed to kill Set and get the spear back from him. I flew up to the sky and got to Ra's side.
"Grandfather there's still time." I allowed him to take the spear from me. I watched him fight Apophis and I raced back to earth to see Atiya. I saw a small girl holding out my eye. I bent down and placed my eye back in place I thanked the child and returned to Atiya. "We make a good team, are you sure you're not a goddess?" I asked her.
"What would I be the goddess of stupidity?" She inquired with humor evident in her voice.
"No that's Bek, you'd be the goddess of the impossible." I looked at her and saw she was dead. Bek was also gone. I went back to my parents tomb and placed them beside Zaya. I let a few tears fall, I lost my teacher, my best friend, and the woman I loved. I turned to find my grandfather standing before me.
"I have never been in debt to anyone and yet I am in debt to you grandson. Ask whatever you will, Mountains will bow to the winds will do your bidding. Answer quickly for Apophis still hungers." He muttered. I looked at the small family of three, I thought of Nepthys and Thoth.
"I want nothing, except what is impossible for me to give." I whispered. Grandfather nodded thoughtfully and left in a flash of white light.