VII

Atiya pov
All five of us wandered through Set's pyramid until our paths was blocked by a giant creature made of sand.
"Trespassers in the house of the king, answer my riddle or cease to be." The sphinx growled.
"Go on, I'm waiting." Thoth seemed miraculously calm.
"I never was, am always to be, no one ever saw me nor ever will, and yet I am the confidence of all who live and breath. What am I?" The sphinx recited. I pondered the riddle turning over every word.
"Order, you are order." Thoth answered. I thought he had got it.
"Incorrect." The sphinx swung it's massive paw at the god.
"Try again." Horus pleaded.
"That was a completely suitable answer. You are purity?" He guessed.
"Wrong again." The sphinx roared. I knew the answer.
"The answer is tomorrow!" I shouted.
"Oh bother." The sphinx dissolved into a pile of sand. Thoth looked at me curiously, but his eyes held a look of pride in them, I blushed slightly. We had finally arrived at the center. Hathor and Horus walked forward only to be trapped in a cage I whipped around in time to see Set rip Thoth's brain from his head.
"NO!" I screamed. But I didn't have time to focus on that now, I grabbed the vial of water that had fallen and scrambled to pour it into the fire.
"STOP!" I turned to face Set.
"Atiya pour it in." Bek whispered.
"Recognize this?" He held up Zaya's necklace.
"How?" I muttered.
"Did he tell you he could bring her back? It's not possible, not even for me." Set smirked
"Why should I believe you?" I inquired.
"I don't need to lie. How else would a blind, useless god get you to help him?" He asked sarcastically. I turned to Horus.
"Atiya pour it in." He said through gritted teeth.
"You lied." I stated. Some part of me had always known it. Set gripped my wrist and took the vial from my hands, before pouring the water out and crushing the glass. 
"Shame you weren't on my side, such a pretty thing." He smirked at me. He turned to walk out of the pyramid. "I'll miss the conversation, and the rest."

Le time skip

I fell to the ground sobbing. I felt a large hand on my shoulder and turned to see Horus. I didn't even have the strength to push him away.
"I'm sorry." He said. I shook my head.
"I just wish, if she can't come back, then she should be able to enter the afterlife." I whispered. "I finally learned the lesson of the gods, we don't matter to you." I finished. Horus's hand left my shoulder.
"Well now you know." His voice held no emotion.

Horus pov
She was so beautiful even though she was crying. Why did I say that? Why did I hurt her? She deserves better than me. But it still hurt me to see her like this because... I love her.

Atiya pov
I turned to see Hathor with a pained expression.
"Anubis come forth." She smiled softly at me as she summoned the god.
"Mistress, you are still as lovely as the first dawn." The Jackal-headed god spoke.
"These mortals sister and beloved, bears no treasure for the scales, perhaps we can help her." Hathor replied.
"You ask much mistress, it would require a very special treasure indeed." I saw Hathor reach for her bracelet, the bracelet that kept the 42 demons at bay.
"Like this?" She inquired.
"No." I whispered
"For you mistress of the West, yes." Anubis nodded.
"Grant them passage to give it to her. You will see her one last time." She spoke softly. I smiled hesitantly, she was beautiful and kind and I couldn't help my feelings for her or Horus even after they had deceived both Bek and I.
"Thank you." I said. Horus wrapped his hand around Hathor's wrist.
"I command you to release me." She tried to pull away from him.
"You can't command me. You know why." Horus looked at me, Hathor followed his gaze.
"I'm the goddess of love, if I don't do this I'm nothing." She sighed. I walked up to her.
"That's not true." I told her. She smiled once more and twisted her wrist from out of the bracelet. I reached for her but it was too late. Horus held out the bracelet.
"Take it, do what you need to do." I gently plucked it from his hand.

Le time skip

"Zaya!" I yelled out, my sister.
"Atiya, Bek?" She smiled. I held out my hand for hers but it just passed right through. I held out the bracelet.
"This will buy you a place in the afterlife." I told her.
"No, not without you two." She whispered. I sighed, but before I could speak the ground shook and I was thrown into Bek.
"Atiya are you ok?" He asked helping me stand. I nodded.
"The gate has been broken. Chaos spreads. Apophis shall destroy this land." Anubis rushed to try and hold off the beast.
"Horus is our only hope now." Zaya exclaimed.
"He's not the god you think he is Zaya. He lied to us." Bek replied.
"Give him another chance." She whispered.
"My strength is not infinite. If the Lord of the air has any plans to rectify this, he should do so with haste." Anubis shouted.
"If you don't trust him trust me." Bek and I nodded and returned to the scorching desert.
"Ra has fallen, and Set has unleashed chaos." Horus muttered. I sighed.
"Then how do we stop him?" Bek asked. Horus looked surprised.
"You never give up do you?" He questioned.
"Only because Zaya told us not to." I said.
"You didn't tell her about our bargain?" He asked.
"We did, but for some reason she still believes in you." Bek glared at the god.
"We must return to the capital." Horus explained.
"Then we have a long walk ahead of us." I murmured.
"I prefer flying." I turned towards the sky, only to find my self looking at a beautiful chariot suspended in the air, carried by thousands of birds. "Nepthys. Even beyond death, she's trying to help us." He stated.