It's Been Months

I remember it. Like it was yesterday. I was now starting my fall term in college. But I still remember the day I graduated. Sadly.

High school in Manhattan, it's was okay. But I don't miss it. You see, to make a long story short, after I became Rick's biology partner, we didn't really talk to often. In fact, outside of class or projects, he basically didn't know I existed. Or at least that's what he acted like. So a month went by, and I was tired of it. So I spoke to Rick. The conversation didn't last long though. "Saved by the bell" I guess. Then I started to develop a, as I call it, intimate liking for Rick. But when I told Maddy, she went and gossiped. When word got around, I was the laughing stock of the school. Even Rick made fun of me. I confronted Maddy, but the next day, she was best friends with the cheerleaders and dating Rick Rogers.

So I guess you can say, I'm so happy I'm graduating today. After about a month or so, the whole "liking" fiasco was over, and I became friends with a couple of other girls in the astronomy club.
••••••••••
"Katie? Katie are you awake?" my mother called, distracting me from my thoughts.

"Yes ma'am. I'm getting up right now."

"Okay well, I want to help you get ready for your BIG day!"

I sighed. But hey, my moms not so bad when it comes down to it. Even she's a stubborn control freak. (I had to get it from somebody.)
••••••••••
"Sweetie, you look beautiful!" my father exclaimed as I got into the car.

"Thanks,"

The whole ride to the ceremony all I could hear from my parents was talking about how much they will miss me and how lucky Stanford was to have accepted me.

When I got there, I looked for my friends, but they weren't there yet so I went backstage with the seniors who were.

To my disappointment, there was one senior there.

Rick.

He turned around as he heard me approaching and I stopped, frozen in my tracks.

No.

I did NOT want to be here talking to him right now.

"Kate-"

I cut him off right there. "Save it. I don't want you to have to make me leave, so I'll spare you the trouble."

He grabbed my wrists. "Stop please. Don't be ridiculous. We need to talk."
••••••••
Ok so remember the story of what happened? Maybe some of it wasn't true..... The part about Maddy was, but actually, Rick and I talked a lot. But he didn't like me that way. He liked Maddy.
Anyways.....
••••••••
"There's nothing to talk about." I pointed out to him, trying to wiggle my way out of his hold.

"I'm. Sorry." he said, with those big blue eyes that make a girls heart melt.

Frozen, I watched as he got closer. And closer. Inches away from my face, i can feel his breath.

"Stop!"

"Kate please"

"No Rick look, it's not about dating Maddy. Okay? I don't care. It's about that we were friends. Until she betrayed me. And you went on her side. You both abandoned me. And I can never forgive you for THAT."

On "that" I raised my voice and yanked my hand out of his. I started walking off when I suddenly turned, back to the wall.

"I wanted to do this the easy way. But you leave me no choice."

And with that, his hot, soft, wet lips were all over mine. He slid his tongue in my mouth. Oh. It feels so-

'Kate, stop it!' I told myself, as Rick explored every part of my mouth with his tongue. I pushed him off of me.

"What the hell!" I screamed. Angry as-

"Kate. Listen to me. I'm in love with you. Okay. I always have been. I never stopped."

"Then why didn't you betray me?!"

"Because I wanted to make you jealous. I'm so sorry Kate. I love you."

And with that, he walked away leaving me breathless.
•••••••
Even now, as a freshmen in college, 3 months later, I still dream of Rick.

Not just because he's my.... my..... well not "boyfriend" but we talk a lot so 'intimate friend' maybe?

Anyways I sat on the fountain before heading to my dorm. I reached for my phone and texted Rick.

'I miss you.❤️'

'Miss you more, babe😉'

'Rick, you realize we aren't dating right?😕'

'Oh come on, a little long distance never heart anyone😏'

'Can't we stay friends until I'm home?😰'

'Fine. But either way, I love you😘'

And there goes Rick again, leaving my heart breathless.

So there it is! Soooo sorry it took so long! I've had basketball and math and ugh! I know this kind of jumps, but I come up with these as I go 😁but if you have questions or request, just comment and I'll make it happen!!!!! Love you all! Please tell me if you enjoy the story! 😊