Christmas Break

It's been 5 months since I got to go home. Since I left for college, or saw my parents. I would've went over thanksgiving break, but I had a huge test coming up I had to study for. '7:00 AM Saturday, December 23' my phone read. I walked through the front exit of the airport, when there was my parents, waiting for me.

"Why'd you guys get out so early?" I asked. "I told you I could catch a cab!" I hugged both of them. "Well we wanted to surprise you!" mother exclaimed.

By the time we got home, the whole entire apartment was covered in Christmas decorations.

"Oh wow."

"You got that right. Your mother hasn't changed ya know? Still the same ole' 'overly decorative' woman she always has and will be." my dad said, nudging my shoulder as mom went took my bags to my old room.

"So Katie," my dad started as I followed him to the kitchen, almost tripping over a stand up Santa while he poured me coffee. "How had college been? Any new boys I need to be worried about?" He smirked and handed me my cup. I giggled. "No dad. No new guys. Just boring old Katherine." I took a sip of my coffee and immediately spitting it back into the cup. "I thought you liked my coffee?" dad asked.

"No sir I do it's just really hot!"

•••••••••••

'Katie Bug, can you please tell her? I want to see you so bad!'

'You will. From a far.'

'Yea but that's not good enough! If you won't tell them, I can take my break and meet you in the store! I mean for heaven's sake you're coming to the place I work!'

'Babe. I already agreed 3 weeks ago we could have a long distance relationship bc we text and FaceTime and stuff. But I'm not ready for my mom to know yet. I'm sorry but I've really got to go.'

'Fine😒bye'

'Love you.😽'

'U 2'

Ugh. I can't stand it when he gets mad at me. I finally agree to let him date me and here he comes getting mad? Who does he think he is?!

"Katie? Are you ready?"

"Yea mom. Coming!" I grabbed my purse and ran down the stairs.

After about an hour of shopping, we finally stopped in the food court for lunch.

When we sat down, I let myself glance towards the Starbucks and their he was. God, he looks so cute smiling and winking at the customer as he took her order and, wait. Smiling at a girl? A blonde, skinny girl, our age? I should've known this would happen.

"Katie are you okay? You seem out of it" mom asked with a worried look in her eyes.

"Oh yes ma'am. I'm fine." I replied, blinking out of my trance.

As we are, I kept my eye towards the coffee shop. The girl was gone. Thankfully. And then I realized, he was too. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket as fast as I could. Thanking Jesus my mom didn't notice.

'Where are you? I saw you flirt with a girl and now you're both gone.'

Mother got up for the restroom.
It had been 5 minutes. No answer.
I finally came to my senses.
'He's cheating.' I told myself. 'Why did you let yourself get into that? You knew-'

Buzz. Buzz.

I quickly reached for my phone.

'I can't tell you. I know what your thinking. But trust me. I'm not cheating. I promise. I'll be back at work in about 3 minutes. Then you can swoon over this sexy thang some more. Love you😘'

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. I giggled at his complement to himself. He really was something.

"Hey you ready?" mother asked as she came back, grabbing her tray.

"Yea. But first, there's something I need to tell you."

"Okay. Shoot."

I stood up, grabbing my tray, bracing myself for the worst.

"Mom, Rick and I are-"

I was cut off mid sentence by a gunshot, sending everyone in the mall into a sprint, and out the door.

GUYS I FINALLY GOT TO UPDATE! IM SO VERY SORRY IT WASNT SOONER! IM GONNA UPDATE SO MUCH THIS WEEK YOU WILL LOVE ME I PROMISE! I had a request for Esplanie, so just know that's coming😉 I LOVE YOU ALL 😘😍

AND BTW CLIFFHANGER! I HAD TO! Was gonna do it after she saw him with the girl but figured that'd be too short so......