On the Day After Christmas

“Good morning gorgeous.”

 Man did I love waking up to that sincere voice.

“Morning babe,” I said as I gave him a soft kiss. “How was your night?”

“Okay. I guess,” he joked. “Why don’t we go make breakfast?”

          We walked into the kitchen and he picked me up and sat me on the counter. Rick got a spatula out of the drawer and pretended it was a wand. “What today for my princess?”

“Um….” I had to think about it. ‘Food Kate. He’s asking about food.’ “How about some pancakes?”

“Why pancakes? Are you trying to ‘thank me so much for last night?’

I glared at him. He could tell that comment struck a nerve.

“Sorry,” he raised his hands in surrender but I kept glaring. “OKAY! OKAY! I’ll shut up and make the food.”

…………

Around 11 am, we had finished eating, and my parents, Rick, and I had all decided to take down the Christmas decorations today. My favorite part was probably taking down the mistletoe. ;) Afterwards, we decided to go to lunch, since I would be heading back to college tomorrow. While in line at Remy’s, I felt two strong arms snake around my waist from behind. Then, soft kisses were trailing up my neck.

“You know, I really am gonna miss you tomorrow.”

“Really?” I asked sarcastically.

“Mhmm,” he mumbled as he kissed my neck some more.

“Rick, babe, please stop, we’re in public.”

“Right sorry.”

After I got my food, I sat it down at the table but immediately excused myself for the restroom. As I was washing my hands, I felt something hard hit the back of my head, then everything suddenly went black. The last thing I remember was my whole body falling to the ground, and the thought of him in my head.

Hi everyone! I'm back! I'm sorry this chapter's short, just needed a filler :) I wanted ya'll to know that it's Christmas break and stuff, plus basketball is over so I should be able to update more! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!