16

Liam is frowning but he doesn't look surprised when Harry is trailing after Louis from the dormitory. He gets out and opens the passenger door, making sure Louis doesn't hit his head on the way in, he is fairly clumsy though he's pregnant. Liam thought pregnancy was supposed to make a mother more aware, Louis, on the other hand, was still his accident-prone self.

Harry slips in the backseat, carrying Louis' bag. Liam's car is fairly clean, and in the entire time they've known each other, Harry has never been in his car before. If only the tension wasn't wrapping around his neck like a boa constrictor.

"We have to stop by Alpha Chi house." Louis breaks the silence as the car starts.

Liam doesn't glance in Harry's direction, "Why?"

Louis yawns softly into his hand, crying tends to make him tired, "Harry's got to pack a bag as well."

Harry ignores Liam's grunt in annoyance and opts to smile to himself. It felt lovely to hear Louis say his name in his sweet sleepy voice. He drags his fingertips over the patches on the boy's bag, a rainbow, tiny 'L', a cat and Harry's favourite—a little stack of pancakes from a Sunday morning where they went an hour and a half up North to have breakfast for their two month anniversary.

Harry has never been in a relationship with a man, Louis told him that he would guide him through it. He seemed content with Harry being in the closet, his face never changing a shade when Harry mentioned they couldn't talk on campus, other than their Sunday sessions.

He should have noticed, he shouldn't have thought of dating Louis unless he was trusting that he can give him what he deserved. Things weren't ever going to be the same, Harry knew that when they return for next year, everyone will know about him and Louis. Harry was going to come out, he was going to bring Louis back to his parent's house for a real impression, he was going to be the shoulder, the man, the boyfriend that Louis needed. Harry was going to make things right, for the mother of his child and the love of his life.

His Louis, his sweet dream, his Sunday.

Harry woke up to crying. Sweet crying coming from next to him, behind him to be exact. He checks the time, it was four in the morning. He blinks before turning around, the covers moving off his body. "Louis?"

The crying was replaced with small sniffles. "Harry." God, Louis' voice was perfect when he cried, Harry knew it made him sound like an asshole but it was mixed with the perfect amount of rasp, squeak, and softness.

"Get on the bed." It was late, they arrived at the Payne residence around midnight because Harry spent too long deciding if he should pack clothes for himself, or he should pack clothes that would look cute on Louis. Liam's parents went to bed before they arrived, and the three university students ate in silence at the dinner table.

Harry had originally planned to sleep on the couch in the living room since he didn't know the Payne's and there was only one guest bedroom. But after Liam retreated to his old bedroom, Harry curled up on the sofa until he woke up and saw Louis asleep in the armchair. He vaguely remembered Liam walking Louis to the guest bedroom because the man returned with blankets and pillows for Harry.

Harry had woken Louis up with a few gentle shoves and walked the boy back to the bedroom. Then, Louis looked up at him with the most tired, wide blue eyes and said he didn't want to sleep alone. Hence, Harry sleeping on a make-shift bed on the floor of the guest bedroom.

Now, he was crying in a small bundle next to Harry on the carpet floor. "The bed is too big."

Harry stares for a moment. The moonlight shining through the curtains and dancing over the right side of Louis' face. His pouty lips begging for attention. "The floor isn't good for you."

Louis starts crying again, and Harry is almost afraid enough to call Liam. "No," Louis sobs. "Want Zayn." Harry frowns, sitting up. "Zayn knows how to hold me."

A deep weight fills Harry's chest, his eyes dropping to Louis' small tummy protruding from under his shirt. He had done a bit of research during the long drive to the Payne residence. His baby was about the size of a pomegranate, Louis was almost four months and Harry can only dream of how adorable their baby looks.

He spends ten minutes, sleepily building a makeshift pregnancy pillow for Louis out of spare blankets and throw pillows. Louis' crying has softened to small whimpers as he buries himself in a lump of the bed. Even if it wasn't what he wanted, he couldn't touch Louis or cuddle him. He needed to work up to that, and he was willing to try for however long it takes.