•• 6 ••

Two days passed. I was still at home on my bed, bored out of my mind. I tried to get back my walkie talkie, but mom hid it somewhere else. I heard a knock come from my bedroom door as u re-read my comic again.

"Can I come in?" Mom asked. I closed my book and quickly hid it under my pillow.

"Yeah!" I said. She slowly opened the door, her left hand behind her back. She smiled.

"Are you ready to go back to school tomorrow?" She asked. I nodded. She came closer to my bed, sitting at the end. "So, I felt bad about taking your walkie talkie away for a few days, so I decided to get you something." I perked up in excitement.

"Really? What is it?" I asked, intrigued. She slowly brought out her hand from behind her back, revealing a medium box. I quickly opened it and...

"... A Barbie key chain..." I muttered. Mom furrowed her brows.

"Don't you love it? I saw it while I was out shopping and it made me think of you!" She exclaimed. I put on a fake smile.

"Yeah, I like it. Can I get my walkie talkie back?" I asked. She paused.

"Tomorrow when I get back from work and SEE you, I'll give it to you." She said. I rolled my eyes and nodded. She nodded back and walked out of my room stopping at the doorway. "Also, I want to see you wear that little Barbie on your backpack." She said, pointing a finger. I nodded.

"I hate my life..." I groaned, tossing the Barbie onto my night stand.

•••

The next day I woke up with the head ache again. It wasn't as bad, but it came in painful waves. I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs. Laura looked over at me frowning.

"Dang it, now I can't ride your bike anymore." She said. I smirked.

"You have your own bike, dude. Why do you need mine?" I asked.

"I wanna look cool! Besides, I don't want to ride around with a pink and purple bike. I want to ride your cool, black and white bike!" She said.

"The paints chipped. How's that cool?" I asked, grabbing my bag. Laura laughed.

"I don't know, but it's better than your Barbie!" She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and stomped into the garage, grabbing my bike.

•••

I pulled up to school, my stomach turning and twisting in knots. I prayed for Troy to be absent or just not show his face. I parked my bike next to Dustin's.

I adjusted my bag as I entered the school. Everyone was minding their own business. I saw Dustin and Lucas talking.

"Y/n!" Dustin called out. I smiled and quickly walked over. The boys smiled at me.

"Hey guys! Where's Mike and Will?" I asked. Lucas and Dustin looked at each other.

"We don't know." Dustin said. I furrowed my brows.

"Man. Maybe they're sick?" I guessed. Lucas shook his head.

"They can't be sick... Have you ever seen Will take a sick day?" He asked. I paused and thought about it.

No, not that I know of.

"No.." I replied. Dustin's eyes widened.

"Maybe it's aliens!" He whispered. I rolled my eyes.

"Aliens aren't-" the bell rang, causing everyone in the hall to cluster into groups.

"That's the bell. I'll see you guys later." I said, smiling. I quickly walked away.

"I like your keychain by the way!" Dustin called out after me. I rolled my eyes.

•••

The final bell rung. It was already time to go home. I met up with Dustin and Lucas at one of their lockers.

"So what do you think?" Lucas asked me. I shrugged.

"It's just the flu, I guess. I mean, I had it and I still kind of do." I put my left hand on my forehead as a headache came through. Dustin frowned.

"I don't have a good feeling about this, guys." Dustin exclaimed. Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Can we go now? We solved the mystery. It's just the flu." He said. Lucas back away from the locker and slowly walked down the hall, Dustin beside him. The pain in my head suddenly got worse.

Everything went black.