•• 10 ••

My eyes followed the lights as they spelled out my name. Ms. Byers looked at me in shock.

"I knew it.. I'm not crazy!" She said, pointing to the lights. I dropped my bag.

"Ms. Byers..." I said, taking out my notebook. I handed it over to her. She opened it to the page I had marked. Ms. Byers stared at it.

"What is this?" She asked looking at me. I sighed.

"It happened a few days ago. I started having this huge headache and... I just started hearing his voice. Will's voice. I don't know how it happened, but-" Ms. Byers quickly walked to the phone.

"Have you told Hopper?" She asked. I nodded.

"He didn't believe me. He said that this isn't evidence." I replied. Ms. Byers read the words again. "But... Will can communicate through lights?" I asked in confusion. She picked up the phone again.

"You know what? Hopper HAS to see this." She said. She quickly dialed a number and waited for someone to pick up. "Hopper, you have to come over. Now."

•••

A knock came from the door. Ms. Byers quickly opened the door. She smiled.

"Come in." She said. Hopper stepped in and looked around. He spotted me sitting on the couch. He sighed in frustration. 

"What did she tell you?" He asked Ms. Byers. She shook her head.

"No, whatever she told you, it's true." Ms. Byers said, looking at me. She ran to the wall. "The lights. They... Spelled out her name. Will's still here." She added. Hopper adjusted his hat.

"Joyce." He said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "You have to take a break. He's missing. Gone. Leave it to us." He replied. I quickly stood up.

"But I saw it." I said. Hopper looked over at me.

"Keep out of this." He said. Ms. Byers shook her head.

"No, she... She can help us!" She said. Hopper paused and thought for a few seconds.

"I'll come by tomorrow." Hopper replied, grabbing his things. He opened the front door and left. Ms. Byers and I looked at each other.

•••

"Thanks for coming by!" Ms. Byers called out as I walked away. I turned back and waved, smiling.

As I walked down the road I silently prayed for Dustin to show up. He's right, I am jealous.

A few minutes passed and my legs were killing me. I sat down on a curb, putting my bag beside me. It was starting to get dark. Mom would be home soon.

I quickly got up and started walking faster. It was no use, since both of my legs were tired from running. I sat down on another curb to rest.

Suddenly, I saw a light coming from down the road. I kept my eye on it as it got closer. As it got closer, I noticed that it was Dustin. I suddenly felt sick.

"Y/n?" He said in confusion. I slowly got up, nodding my head.

"Here I am." I sighed. Dustin stopped. He looked down at the ground.

"I'm sorry. I was an ass." He said. I frowned.

"No, it's my fault. You're right. I am jealous." I said, grabbing my bag. Dustin cleared his throat.

"Hey, umm.. do you want a ride home? I still have some time." He offered. I looked at him.

Should I accept?

"Sure." I replied, smiling. I got on the back of his bike, wrapping my hands around his waist. Dustin started to pedal.

As it started to get dark, the air got colder. My arms got goosebumps from the cold. I wrapped my arms tightly around Dustin to get some warmth.

A few minutes later, we were at my house.

"Here we are." Dustin said, stopping the bike. I let go and slowly got off. I smiled at Dustin. He smiled back.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem." He replied. "Anytime."

"Oh, and Dustin. We can start on our project tomorrow." I said. Dustin's eyes widened.

"Okay!" He said in excitement. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow!" Dustin said before pedaling away. I waved goodbye and headed inside, dropping my bag beside the door. I quickly ran upstairs to the study room and opened it.

Dad wasn't in there. He's probably at the store or something. I searched every drawer in the room, hoping to find my walkie talkie. Just as I was about to open the last drawer, the front door downstairs opened and shut.