4

P O V j e n n y

"Hello?" my voice echoed through the apartment.

No answer.

"C'mon Krystal" as I gesture her to come through the door. She walks in, more like a light jog, and plops her self on the couch. She helps herself by turning on the telly, leaving me here wondering why Nora isn't answering.

"Nora?" I ask trudding down the hall.

"Babe!" I yell opening the door to her bedroom.
She flinches and flutters her eyes open slowly. "The hell" she mutters, while wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

"What time is it?" she asks groggily.

"It's around 1:30" I say whipping my phone out of my pocket.

She groans and shuts her eyes again.
"Well how was your day babe?" I ask.

"I thought we were done with this conversation." I sigh.

"Well then" I walk out of the room and decide to cook something up for a quick lunch.

I dig through the cabinets to try and find something useful and that doesn't require that much time too make.
I finally found two boxes of white cheddar Annie's Mac and cheese. I prepare the stove and put the pot of water on the stove. I walked over to where Krystal was chilling, and plopped down next to her. "Hey" she says staring deeply into the T.V.
"What's up little pup" I giggle.

"Nothing much little pooch" she says back.

"That doesn't rhyme no matter how much you try" I laugh.

"Yea yea" she rolls her eyes and goes right back into the reality show that's playing on the screen.

We continued watching this show-of some sort-for awhile now. It's at least been a couple of hours.

*

Me and Krystal finished our quick lunch and Nora finally joins us on the coach, and immediately starts up a conversation "So, want to go to a party with me in like 20 minutes"

"What? Where? And who's party?" I blurt out.

"Hold your horses! Sorry I just sprung this on you, but c'mon I was sleeping" Nora says.

I roll my eyes and let out a chuckle. Nora continues, "But anyways, these girls in my acting class invited me . One of them just texted me the address and that I should go in like 20 minutes... but only if you guys are up for it. It's our first day in college... why not celebrate it?"

"Celebrate the first day of school?" Krystal questions with a confused look.

"No you ding dong. First of all, it's college, not school. And second of all, it's just a party.." Nora resonds. "So are you up for it?"

Me and Krystal both look at each other, and slowly nod a yes. Nora screams happily and drags us down the hall by the hand, "Lets' get ready!' she says in a sing-songy voice.

I have never been to a college party and now that I know I'm going to one in less than 20 minutes, gets my stomach going. Trust me, I want to go to this party, but I'm just not sure if it's like the one in the movies. You know in Project X, where it's all fun and games and teens just doing what they do best. What if this party is like that? Or what if it's more like the party in Neighbors; where it's all about games, but comes crashing down in the end? Will I get hurt? Raped? Drugged? Kidnapped? Killed?! All these questions bounce around in my head like molecules in a gas. My thoughts have changed on this party...I have started from excited to paranoia. Stress has taken over me, but I know I just have to play it out and do this for Nora.