chapter 7

Okay before I continue I just want to point out that evasive action meant pulling the car off to the side of the road. Emily is not going to go around killing people or whatever else came to mind. Same on if u took that sexually. I thought that people could take it that way and I was like hmmmm... maybe I should clarify.

I pull onto the closest parking lot which happens to be Walmart, and park at the very end of parking lot. I turn off the ignition and sit there. Should I start talking first or should I wait for him to say something. Should I talk so that I can give an explanation before he starts getting angry. Maybe I shou-

"Emily, I-I don't know what to do. I trusted you, how could you do this to me. To be honest, that's what I would say if I hadn't been cheating on you also. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen..."

After that I see his lips moving, but I hear no sound. My brain shuts down all thought. I am frozen.

As I start to come back I notice that he has finished talking and is starting at me intently.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you. How could you do that to me. I wasn't even cheating on you! I was crying because of Niall, I was pissed at Niall because he asked me out and I said no. It hurt him, which hurt me, and then I felt bad about betraying you. I don't want to talk to you ever again. Now get the hell out of my car!"

He slowly climbs out of my car, but before he shuts the door he turns around and says, "I am sincerely sorry. Just so you know I will always love you." And with that he closed the door and walked away.

I turned on the car and drove off, trying to get my thoughts in order. I can't believe he has been cheating on me. How long has it been going on? Who is she? How did I not notice? 0Even though I didn't want to talk about I needed answers. So I went to the last place I would think of ever going to.

Cassidy's house.

(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)

The door opens. And I see her mom. " hi, Emily! I haven't seen you in a while, much less at our house. Did you come to see Cassidy, Mckayla, or Michael?"

"I actually came to see Cassidy." I follow her into the house. "How are you doing these days Mrs. Lane?"

"I've been well. And you?"

"Same. Not much is different with my life."

"Great! Well I'll go get Cassidy and bring her down."

I stood there looking at the pictures on their mantle, looks like they were taken a year before. Nicole isn't even in any of the picture I see. I wonder if they have done anything with his room?

"Why are you here?"

I turn around to see Cassidy looking at me with a sneer. "Well since you always know everything about everyone at our school, I figured you could give me some information. And don't mention payment, you know you already owe me."

I let that sentence hang in the air like a guillotine's blade hanging above a head as I wait for her answer.

"You want me to pay you back with gossip? Are you serious? No way after what you did you deserve more than that. How about instead of one big favor, you get three small ones."

"Okay what ever, I just want the information."

"Well, what do you want to know?"

"Aiden, we just broke up because he thought I was cheating on him, because that's what someone told him. Then he tells me that he can't be that mad at me because he has been cheating on me also. So what I want to know is: who she is, and how long its been going on."