𝓥 friends? 𝓥

the next days, mark and i were able to meet sometimes, spending our break time together (with lucas hanging around because i was shy around mark and i didn't want our conversations to be full of awkward silences.).

on wednesday, we had eaten together at 1:00 pm, when the class had ended, and we had spent a big part of the afternoon together. and well, i was very VERY happy to be able to share this meal with him.

flaskback

during the meal, after a long conversation on how lucas acts in class, mark broke the comfortable silence that had just took place.

"you know, during the holiday, some of the people of my class wanted to meet on the first week. well, let's be more precise, lucas and jaemin are quite hyped about that outing and they organised everything. and, well, i was thinking of inviting you too, since you already know most of the people who will be there."

of course, i knew about this outing. i was with lucas when he had this idea. and well, i would have gone to it anyway... let me explain: lucas kind of organised all this to make me meet mark if my single ass hadn't enough courage to talk to him. we had already made a plan to explain that i was obliged to come, even if i wasn't invited, so that mark and i could meet. but at the moment, i feel more than touched by the fact mark just invited me.

"oh, really? i've already heard them talk about that, but won't i be bothersome?" i said blushing.

"donghyuck, you're not bothersome, stop saying that! it will be great to have you by our side at this outing."

i lowered my head and continued to eat silently.

"plus, there will only be lucas, his boyfriend, jaemin, renjun, chenle, my brother and probably jisung then."

"yes he is... and well, i guess if you don't come i'll be the ultimate seventh wheeler..."

"seventh?" i asked surprised.

"yea, you know, lucas will be stuck to jungwoo, jaemin, renjun and my brother will probably end up together, and chenle is -oh my hell- way too whipped for jusing. so basically, i'll be forever alone if you don't come to accompany me."

"okay don't worry i'll come..."

"yayy!"

the day after, on thursday, another thing made me realise i was really whipped for this boy. and gosh, it was great to love such an individual...

on that morning, he had gone to school with me as we both started at 10, and quite a scene happened during the bus ride.

flashback

we both entered the bus, and seeing that there weren't two seats empty next to each other, we decided to stay standing up. And the ride was quite good until we were interrupted in our conversation.

"mark! come here, there's an empty seat!"

mina. an annoying girl of mark's class. i seriously hate her, like she's pretty, and it's very possible that mark prefers her to me. so i have no chances now...

"no thanks, i'm good there." mark said, surprising me. isn't he going to accept sitting next to a beautiful girl?

"mark... aren't you going to stay with that dude, you're not even comfortable around him! and he looks like a tomato with his red hair and his red cheeks..." she whined.

"no mina, i want to stay with donghyuck for the ride. and will you please not criticise him. his hair looks really great compared to yours. thank you." mark spat before putting his hand on my back and directing towards two seats a couple who got out of the bus just left empty. he let me sit down next to the window, and sat by my side sighing.

"y-you know, if you want you can go with mina..." i said even though my heart hurt saying that.

"no, i don't want. i want to stay with you." mark assured. "you know, we've been in the same class for years, and she asked me out at least four times."

"and you've always rejected her?" i asked.

"no, we used to date long ago, but we broke up quickly. but now, she seems like she wants to get me again..." mark said turning around to look in her direction.

"don't you want it? to get back with her?" i tensed.

"she's not really my type of girls..."

"what's your type of girls then?"

he accorded all his attention to me, and described the perfect girl for him.

"well, someone shorter than me, with a bubbly personality, a very cute person, with short hair, and well, someone original, that is impossible to find somewhere else..."

i flushed a deep red because of his gaze. "y-you seem to be very exigent..." i whispered.

"let's say i have an idea of who it can be." he smirked making me all fuzzy inside. "what about you? what's your type of girls?"

"hum- well, it's complicated..." i stammered.

"donghyuck, distress" he said before looking around and getting closer to my ear to whisper "i know you like boys, and what about it? it's cool."

i froze, looking at him, smiling.

"i-i- we're at school!" i said running out of the bus to dodge the embarrassing answer, but too fast to hear mark whisper "cute" when he saw me running away.

on friday, we spent our break times together, getting more comfortable around each other. we got back home together, and then, separated. it was the start of winter holiday, meaning we had left school for two weeks and that we wouldn't see each other until the outing with people of his class.

during the week end, lucas and i texted, and he told me the outing was on thursday. it's only on monday, while thinking about it, that i tilted: the next time i would meet mark was on February, 14th, valentine's day.