Chapter 16

*Javier's P.O.V*
I enter the house, calling out for Layla. I check all the rooms but she isn't there. She ought to be back, it's 6:00pm already. I know she leaves work 4:00pm,I wonder where she went to.
I bring out my phone and dial her number,not reacheable. I drop my briefcase down and walk into the bedroom,took a shower and change my clothes.
I still can't understand why Layla has been so difficult these says,she keeps doing whatever she wishes and I don't know what to do. She is not the lady I admire and married.
I sit down in my study room,trying to do something important but Layla is everything on my mind.
I stroll into the kitchen to get something to eat but the kitchen is empty. I growl in frustration, it's just like I'm living alone.
I decide to go rest a little before I try dialling her number again. I didn't know I dozed off until I hear someone opening the door. It must be Layla.
I Stand up and walk to the door,she enter with heels high like mountain everest,holding shopping bags,I guess she went shopping again.
"Hello dear" she  says slurring.
Is she drunk? "Welcome Layla! You are late"
She drops the bags and staggers to meet me,she is definitely drunk. "I'm so sorry sweetheart, I lost track of time"
"Where did you go? You went shopping again? Are you drunk?' I ask her in a rush not understanding what is going on.
" yes I went shopping but don't worry,I didn't buy much and I'm not drunk" she slurs,wrapping her arms around my neck.
"I can see that Layla. Why are you doing this?" I ask worriedly,I'm not happy at all.
"What did I do wrong again? I just went out with my friends to have fun...I'm so sorry I didn't tell you,it was a surprise to me too"
I frown. "Who are the friends you went out with? Zanny?"
She shakes her head. "No...it's Teejay and Lilo. Zanny couldn't make it!"
I bite my lips. "So who is Teejay? In not sure I know him"
She grins. "Of course you do..he is one of those who made our marriage  a success."
"Huuh...?" I raise my eyebrow in confusion.
She looks at me and smile sheepishly, stands up straight and straight.
"Yes...you don't need to know that,Javier. Ooh Teejay,he's such a darling" she smiles with her eyes closed.
I draw my lips into a tight line,I don't understand all she said but I'm filled with rage,how can she talk about another guy like that,right in my presence. Well I don't blame her,she's drunk.
I sigh and take her into the bedroom. She keeps kissing me on the way. "I like the way you smell" she whisper breathing deeply.
"Hmmn,really?" I ask her.
She nods..."mmh hmm"
I assist her in removing her shoes and she giggles. I look up at her. "What?" I asks her.
"I like it,do it again" she says still giggling.
I smile and rub her leg lightly, I like her laugh and I want to see her laughing and smiling all the time but she really frustrates me.
My stomach growls and she sits up. "Sweetheart, are you hungry?"
I chuckles. "Of course I would be,you didn't prepare anything for me to eat!"
"Oh sorry darling,I wanted to but..."
"And there is nothing in the fridge to eat,you know. All you shop for are clothes and trending accessories. Why can't you for once go food shopping so that at least there would be something edible in the house?"
She pouts. "Are you getting angry? I already apologized. Can't you order for something maybe pizza. I'm so tired now and you don't expect me to enter the kitchen,do you?"
I shake my head silently. "There is no need,just go to sleep." I cover her with a blanket and usher her to sleep. She fall asleep almost immediately.
I sigh and sat beside her on the bed,thinking about everything. My wife is a woman with flaws not the perfect lady I thought I married.

#TBC
Like and comment.
Thanks for reading.