Crossmare Cont.

As the glow spread over the smaller's body, Nightmare started to relax. Some of the cracks were repairing and the burns looked less severe. It didn't take long before Nightmare used up all his magic and fainted next to Cross.

The oreo barely fluttered his eyes open when he knew something was wrong. Chara was still unconscious. All he remembers is the pain, and then he sees a skeleton, almost as small as himself, passed out beside him, the healing magic aura seemed to surround the both of them. Cross shook the skele, hoping no damage was done to them. Nightmare's eyes fluttered open. He saw a worried Cross looking over him.

"Chill, Cross, I'm fine." Cross hadn't been too scared for the other, as he was sure he wasn't hurt physically. But as soon as Cross opened his mouth to ask questions, Nightmare wrapped him in a hug, tears streaming out of his eye sockets. "You are the one who got hurt, I thought I lost you I-I-I... I'LL KILL THEM" Cross backed out of the hug as soon as the goop returned to his leader/boss. The four of Nightmare's tentacles were waving around restless. "WHOEVER HURT MY CROSS IS GOING TO PAY!" Cross stood with mild shock because I mean, who wouldn't be. Nightmare looked back down at Cross and calmed down a bit. "We should get you back first..." Cross nodded and took Night's outstretched hand. The two of them walked back to the dark palace. Just as they got to the entrance, Dust, Killer, Horror, Lust, and Error came barging out only to be faced with Nightmare and Cross.

"Uh, he found him" Lust pointed out with a mild glint of fear in his eyes.

"And Night's low on magic" Dust said looking at Nightmare.

"Uh, mUst we fORget aBouT whO we wErE jUst gOing to go Look fOr?" Everyone's attention turned to Cross. Lust was on him in an instant, healing magic at the ready. Dust, Killz, and Glitches dragged Nightmare away to get some rest. Cross followed in with Lust at his side the entire time. And of course, Horror was a little farther behind.

"*sigh* We finally got that bonehead to fall asleep," Killer remarked as he walked back into the main room. "Cross, what happened to you? Why did you even go out there?" Cross looked up from his seat on the couch and tried to push Lust away, but the Sans wasn't moving. Cross sighed.

"I was just-" Lust pressed a finger to the oreo's teeth and glared at Killer.

"Can't you see I am busy, both of you need to shut up" Lust then continued healing Cross. 

After Lust was done fussing over Cross, the rest of the gang decided it was safe to talk to him.

"Can you tell us now?" Killer asked after Lust had walked away. Cross nodded as he began to explain.

"I was just planning on getting Nightmare a present. It was like they were waiting for me though." Tears filled Cross's eyes as he recalled what happened only hours earlier.

"Did you manage to get anything?" Dust asked from his spot next to Killer. Cross shook his head as more tears spilled out of his eye sockets. "You know, I'm sure we could find something in here to give to him" Dust suggested. Cross nodded and was about to get up when Lust came back in the room and pushed him down.

"You can do that another time, right now you need to rest. One more attempt to get up and I'll lock those four in the closet again and you in your room." It was hard to believe Lust was being threatening but he was. The five skeletons decided to just relax and talk. Most of their conversation was about Cross and what happened. The smol oreo didn't go into much detail, but the others didn't push it. Cross excluded the part about Night's passive form just saying he just didn't die. After a while, the prince of negativity woke up and walked downstairs.

"Cross!" The gang looked over to their leader who practically teleported behind the oreo and was hugging him tightly. "I-I didn't know if Lust could heal you, I thought you might d-die and I wouldn't b-be there." It sounded like Nightmare had been crying, but there's no way someone like him would cry, right?

There was a cough. "I like your faith in me o wondrous and glorious all-powerful leader," Lust said sarcastically Horror snickered. "Now get off of him before you hurt him again."

"Nu." Nightmare buried his face into Cross's scarf. Lust glared at Nightmare as he walked away again. The others all followed. "I-I'm not hurting you, am I Cross?" Nightmare murmured into Cross's scarf after Lust was out of ear-shot.

"No, I'm fine." Nightmare just hummed in response. They stayed like that until they both fell asleep.

Guess who got up and decided to stop procrastinating on this story? That's right, me! Part two of Crossmare, I never planned on killing the smol. I might make an alternate ending though, maybe later. Hope you guys like this!!

                       ~Roller