9

"Baby no. I'm not putting you through this again. I'm ashamed! I let my rage get the better of me, I took a fucking life!-"

"And she deserved it!" I cut her off "and he deserves it too! Who does he think he is?! He didn't even have to pay for his actions!"

"It happened so long ago Jade. I'm finally starting to push it far back into my memory. I don't want to see him again. I don't want to relive the moment. I don't want to relive the pain of knowing my family isn't shit. If I'm here I can pretend like my mom didn't betray me"

I could hear the hurt in her voice. I didn't want her to relive it, I didn't want her to suffer.

"can we please light one of those blunts?"
She whined looking at the three blunts in front of us.

"Of course baby" I lit the blunt and laid back onto the couch and she watched me. 

"Do you know how damn good you look right now? Look at you all dressed up in daddy's clothes" she sniffed trying to change the subject.

I was gonna burst her bubble and tell her that nobody that goes by daddy would wear this sexy maid outfit but, I let her have her fun.

She laid on me looking up at the blanket covered ceiling.

"this is seriously amazing babe. I didn't expect to come home to any of this."

She hit the blunt then sat up and turned around shotgunning the smoke from her mouth to mine. She gave me a juicy kiss before allowing me to blow out the smoke.

"I've never been so grateful to be in your arms" she passed me the blunt and buried her head into my chest.

"have you been sleeping?" I asked rubbing her back.

"I couldn't. I had to stay on the move. I had to get rid of the body and get back to you as soon as possible." She yawned. Her warm body melted into mine as I squeezed her tight.

"well your home now. Your safe, I'm safe. I'm here with you and I'm not going anywhere.

She hit the blunt and gave it back pouring herself some wine.

"Oh, your going to have to report your car as stolen. I drove it to a junk yard, hopefully it's crushed before they could find it. We couldn't keep it, I'm sure there was evidence all over it"

I pouted. I loved that car. It was a gray dodge. There were 50 just like it in town and I'd try to get into someone else's car by accident all the time. I never even paid it off.

"we can go buy a car with my money."

Sage reassured me.

"We can go to some no name dealership and get something for $10,000 I'll pay cash."

"Baby no, I need to help"

"I got it" she smiled holding my hand. "I told you I have money, I also told you I'm going to take care of you. I don't lie. I'm the one who killed Tay so I have to get the car"

I nodded in agreement. I couldn't believe this, we are really going to get away with murder. What if someone comes looking for Tay? No, that's stupid. Tay was an asshole to her parents, they weren't even talking to her anymore. Maybe one of her hoes will report her missing...

"Sage do you think-"

I looked down at Sage and she was fast asleep.

I woke up alone on the cold couch and almost panicked not feeling Sage's warmth,until I heard the sound of the shower running.