Chapter 5: i wont let him hurt you

Ian's POV:

I woke up to the sound of Lucy crying. I immediately turn to Lucy and frown. "What's the matter Lucy?" I ask while cupping her head in my hands. She starts crying even more and rests her head on my chest and continued to cry. I rubbed her back and told her it was going to be okay. A couple minutes have past of me calming her down and I finally asked her what was making her so upset. "Lucy would you like to talk about it?" I asked concerned. "Sure" Lucy said trying not to cry. There were tears forming again in Lucy's eyes as she said : "My ex boyfriend Chris, he has always been abusive of me and calling me names. That's why I broke up with him. He is very angry that I broke up with him and he said that if he finds out where I am he's going to beat me and make sure that if he can't have me, nobody can." By this time she was balling her eyes out. She was very scared and I had to protect her. "Lucy... Shhhh... come here." I said while pulling her closer to me and then placing her on my lap. "Don't worry Chris will not hurt you because I will do everything I can to protect you and make you feel safe. Okay? " I said with tears starting to form in my eyes as we'll. "okay." She said with a smile on her face. "I'm going to make some breakfast. You stay there " I said while slowly getting off the bed. When I finished making the breakfast I put it on 2 trays and brought it upstairs and into the bedroom where Lucy was. I brought the trays over to the bed and sat down next to Lucy. She smiled and said "thank you." We started to eat our breakfast as we heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" I said. Leaving Lucy still in the bedroom. I went downstairs and went over to the front door. I opened the door to see Lucy's ex boyfriend Chris. I was frightened by him and I didn't know what to say or do. "Where's Lucy!?" He screamed. "What do you mean?" I said trying to act confused. "I said where's Lucy! I know she's in here" he said screaming even louder. He pushed past me and walked into my house.

Lucy's POV:

I was continuing eating the breakfast Ian made for us while I heard screaming from downstairs. I knew someone was at the door and Ian had went to go get it but I didn't know who it was and why there was screaming. Frightened, I slowly walked down the stairs to see my ex boyfriend chris and Ian screaming at each other in the middle of the living room. I froze and I didn't know what to do. They both looked at me with frozen faces. "I KNEW YOU WERE HERE!" Chris screamed at me. Ian ran over to me and tried to block me from Chris. Chris ran over to us and punched Ian on the face. Ian fell down to the floor and was unconscious. At this point I was hysterical crying and screaming for help. Chris then pinned me to the wall and raised his hand to punch me. I started screaming again. I was so scared. I needed Ian. Before I knew it I felt a hard fist to my face multiple of times. All of a sudden I was unconscious and laying on the floor.

Ian's POV:

I woke up to the sound of hospital machines beeping, and doctors and nurses running around the hospital checking on the other rooms. A couple minutes after I had woken up, a few doctors came into my room. "Ah, your finally up!" They said happily. "Yeah. What exactly happened? Why am I here?" I said with a confused look on my face. "You don't remember?" The doctors said all at the same time. "Not really." I said. "We'll apparently your neighbor found you and your girl friend lying on the floor in your apartment unconscious. She then called 911 and the ambulances came and picked you guys up and brought you here." Then it all came back to me. "Where's Lucy?"
I said very worried. "She's in the room next to yours. She hasn't woken up yet but when she does, I'm sure you will be able to go in and see her." One of the doctors said nicely. "Okay, thank you." I said. I was so upset with myself. Not only did I let chris hurt her, but I broke my promise. I promised her I would keep her safe from him and not let him hurt her. If I kept her safe she wouldn't be unconscious right now. A couple of minutes had past when I realized the doctors come in again. "Hello Mr Harding. How are you feeling?" "A lot better than I did before" I said smiling. "Good. I'm glad. I just wanted to let you know that your girl friend just woke up she is next door and you can visit her in a couple of minutes. Just give her some time to wake up and gain consciousness. About 10-15 minutes later, Lucy walked into my hospital room. Even though she was in her hospital clothes, just like me, she still looked beautiful. "Hey Lucy how are you feeling?" I said smiling. "I'm feeling better how about you?" "Me too." I said. "Lucy I am sorry I didn't protect you when Chris came over. It's all my fault that he punched you. If I kept my promise and protected you and kept you safe from him you wouldn't of have been unconscious and in the hospital with me right now. I am
So so so sorry Lucy I love you. Please forgive me!" I said tears forming in my eyes and Lucy's eyes too. "Ian are you kidding me!? Don't apologize! Chris should be the one apologizing he was the one that punched both of us!! He punched you first and you were unconscious it's not your fault you couldn't help me. I love you." Lucy smiled while crying. "I love you more" I said trying to hide the tears in my eyes. "Come cuddle with me" I said staring at Lucy's beautiful face. Lucy sat down on the hospital bed with me and snuggled into my side as we fell asleep in each others arms safe and sound!!

~Thanks guys !
Please review
Sorry I didn't update for a while I had writers block.
New chapter coming soon!!
REVIEWWW