Ultron Offensive: Seeing Visions

However, just as their Battle at the Salvage Yard was coming to it's end, Captain America took a hit by Pietro Maximoff who charged straight into him at full speed which then knocked him back. While Steve recovered from the strike, Wanda Maximoff had taken advantage of him before injured and then proceeded to use her powers to affect his mind and make him see strange visions.

No longer seeing himself in the Salvage Yard fighting alongside his allies, Steve then saw strange images of the life he almost could have had with both his former comrades celebrating their own final victory, and Agent Peggy Carter following the final ending of World War II, if he had not been frozen within ice for almost seventy years following his final battle against Red Skull, resulting in him becoming trapped in this new world he had never fully adjusted to.

Rogers saw himself in a ballroom in the 1940s when Peggy Carter approached him and told him he could finally stop fighting. When he turned around, however, everyone had vanished and Steve stood alone. The tactic was used in an attempt to break Rogers' heart when confronted by his tragic situation. Meanwhile, Thor and Black Widow were also given similar visions until Hawkeye had subdued Scarlet Witch and forced her and Quicksilver to escape.

With most of the Avengers suffered from these strange and painful visions, and Iron Man fought the deranged Hulk in Johannesburg, the team decided to escape. While still on board the Quinjet, they were updated by Maria Hill on the public's perception of the Avengers in the wake of Hulk's destructive rampage. As Steve, Natasha and Thor tried to cope with what they had seen, Clint Barton made the call for them to hide out at his homestead where they could rest up.