Chapter 5

[Misaki's POV]

Calm... down... Misaki... CALM... DOWN.... I got down onto my knees, and covered my face. I saw flashes of images whiz through my mind. Kokoro, Kaoru holding my hand, a long rope, and... Kokoro... hanging...?

AAaaAAAaaAaHhhAhAHhAHhaHHhhhhhaHAhahhHAHHhh-" I started to mumble gibberish, what... what is going on!?!?! Kokoro, hanging, and a bathroom.... What... why.... WHY AM I SEEING THISSSSsssssssssss......

"Mi-Misaki!!" Rinko.... I hear Rinko's voice... Blood... I see blood on my hands.... "Misaki!" Rinko shook me by my shoulders violently, bringing me back to reality.

"R... Rinko... ah... S-Sorry about that... I... don't know what happened..."

I went from hyperventilating to breathing at a steady rate after a few minutes, and soon was able to consolidate Rinko. "Rinko... The hell is going on...?" Rinko was the one who suggested this stupid ritual which brought us here, so she SHOULD have at least SOME answers.

"I.. I don't know... I don't know!! I just read about this ritual on some occult site online and... I thought it was a good idea to do it..." Rinko sounded genuine and completely clueless, well... There goes my only source of explanation...

"So... do ya remember anything else about this ritual...?" I tried to prompt her with some questions to find out more info, but that was in vain as Rinko shook her head apologetically.

Hmmm... Anyhow, I'll just start my own investigation. Im smart, right? I should be able to figure out stuff... right?

After reading the torn article Rinko told me about and some exploring, I made a few inferences. We were in Heavenly Host Elementary School, or an abandoned version of it, judging from the school's state.

And after reading even more newspaper articles I found on the floor, I can conclude that the child that me and Rinko saw was probably a spirit of one of the killed children.

While exploring the school, I heard a scream behind me. I could barely make it out, but it sounded like someone screaming that they're burning. It sounded like... Saaya... Oh no....

Saaya has a history of mental issues, including hallucinations when she's going through an anxiety triggering experience. And I don't smell any smoke in the air, so... She's... probably hallucinating...

I... have to go for her...

[Tae's POV]

"Saaya!! Saaya!!!!!!" Crap, she's seeing things again. Saaya walked out of the cafeteria's kitchen, swiping away at her body and shouting that she was burning.

She obviously wasn't, So I ran towards her, and attempted to reach into her pocket. She always placed her medication in her pocket, so it should calm her down.

"AAHhhHhHHHHHHhhhhhhHhHHhHHHHhhHHHhhhHH-" Saaya, please... calm down...

I grabbed her by her head, trying to keep her still. I took a pill out of the pillbox which I took out of her pocket, and popped one into her mouth, trying to make her swallow it.

"AhhhHHhhHhHh-"

She... calmed down... whew...

After a few minutes, Saaya attempted to explain what happened and what led to her anxiety, when I smelled gasoline.

From... the kitchen...

BOOM

END OF CHAPTER 5