Chapter 2: Vegeta's Pride

The saiyan prince leaned against a tree in front of the Ponyville schoolhouse waiting for Trunks to get out of his first day of school. To Vegeta school was a waste of time and that it only got in the way of training. Look at Gohan he was ten times powerful than him when he fought Cell, but ever since he gone to school and settled down with Videl it had made him weaker.

While Vegeta kept growing stronger with his non-stop training like Goku, and like him he'll have the power of a god.....without the help of anyone else. He had to admit the training with Whis had put a huge dent in his pride, he knew Lord Beerus was on another level but after learning that Whis was his teacher, how strong is he really is? But Vegeta put those thoughts behind him because the only thing important to him is to surpass his rival and Beerus.

"I know I can achieve the level of a god without help," Vegeta whispered to himself, "Kakarot managed to do it back at Canterlot High. So why can't I?" Vegeta clenched his eyes shut and then took a deep breath to calm himself down. That was when he saw a familiar rainbow trail coming towards him. Vegeta chuckled as she landed in front him with that proud smirk that he always admired.

"Hey Vegeta," greeted the rainbow mare, "What's up?"

"Waiting for Trunks." simply said Vegeta.

Rainbow Dash: "Okay? How's your day going?"

Vegeta: "Fine."

Rainbow's face started to frown, "Do you ever say anything else?"

Vegeta: "Why should I? I have other important matters to deal with then to have...'friendly conversations'."

Rainbow did a light jab on the blue earth pony's shoulder making him flinch at the contact. "Come on dude, you have to talk about something! I mean how are we supposed to be friends if we don't talk."

Vegeta let out a grunted in response, "You're worse than that Piccolo guy. At least we started a conversation." she said. Vegeta watched with amusement as Rainbow Dash face started to become red with anger. He found it adorable, but he couldn't tell her that, even though she was Rainbow she also wasn't. The Rainbow he would think about was the one back in Canterlot High waiting for him and Goku's return, which would only be in a few days because of the god of destruction's daughter's training.

"Fine," said Vegeta, "but the only reason I'm doing this is to kill time until the school is over. Then I'm leaving with Trunks."

Rainbow nodded, "Awesome! So, where are you from?"

Vegeta: "Earth."

Rainbow Dash: "I know this Earth is your home, but where did you come from?"

Vegeta took a breath and turned to Rainbow Dash, "Vegeta, I'm from Planet Vegeta but went to Earth after it was blown into to nothingness."

Rainbow flinched at this, "Oh, sorry! I-I didn't-"

Vegeta: "It's fine. Happened a long time ago, now it's just me and Trunks."

Rainbow feeling guilty decided to change the subject, "You really love your son don't you?"

Vegeta: "Isn't obvious? He is from a famous bloodline and his the only family I have left. Hell, I even died for him on one occasion."

Rainbow Dash: "Y-you're kidding right? Y-you didn't actually die?"

Vegeta stayed silent and sent her a serious look, "Does it look like I'm joking?"

"No," solemnly said Rainbow as there was a pregnant pause between the two, "Hey, Vegeta?"

Vegeta: "What?"