Chapter 39: Party Briefing

"Nothing much, just our next quest for the king." he simply replied.

Suddenly, a pop up window appeared in front of their vision.

「The King's Quest:

The king has personally requested you to eliminate the Apprentice of Greed's organization, find, interrogate, or kill any of its members when spotted.

Rewards:

+7000 Vrojen reputation」

Once the two finished reading the pop-up, Sigrun was slighty shocked on its contents, "This is strange, I haven't seen any kind of 'reputation' rewards before."

"Yeah, is the game somewhat updating itself? Or is this naturally part of it? Either way of the two, this is something to take note of."

"So is this what you and Forte-san has been talking about?"

"Yes, I believe you remember about this thing since we were all in that meeting right?"

"Well, that meeting happened just hours ago so I can remember almost everything about it. Just give me the details will you?"

"Right, it is just as what the pop-up message said. Our target is the Apprentice of Greed's organization, Forte-san had just told me some of their doings and them and the Vrojen's monarch's have been going against each other for a very long time. For that long time, they haven't been able to be caught or apprehended by Vrojen's guards or forces which either means there's a wolf in the councils or they're just that disciplined."

"Anything other information about them? It seems to me that's something's shady is going on here."

"I'm afraid that's all I can tell you and everyone for now."

"Its fine, we can't rush things. Let's enjoy tonight's party for now shall we?" Sigrun smiled and replied.

For a second, Jouzu couldn't say his reply. He thought that something's different with Sigrun, she normally doesn't ask follow up questions as she usually understands the situation well when she hears it first. She was smart and her assessment skills are top-notch which makes her extending their conversation somewhat a strange feeling for him. Well, not that it matters to him but it was still something new. "You're right, let's enjoy the party together."

The two went back to the group and gathered on a round table that Mischa had reserved for them, the night's still young and the party hasn't even started yet. There's still guests arriving from time to time and before they knew it, there were over a couple of hundred people inside the large hall which of course still has too much space for everyone to occupy. The lively music continued playing and the harmony of mixed intruments is something to admire of. The colorful setting of the palace is also one of the many things that would keep someone busy as they wait for the celebration to start.

Of course, there's still more than all of those. There's the nobles who were all acting expected demeanor, the maids and butlers who were formal in both the way they move and talk, the young prince and princesses who could match up to adults in terms of formality, and the guards who're able to buddy-buddy act with the people but is still alert of everything that's happening. Everthing inside was experience and is something to behold.

While they all sat in the table waiting,the girls had a lively chatter with Irish being the loudest one out of them. The cheerful attitude of her makes the girls look more energetic than usual, she also has a sense of humor which makes everyone around her smile. Jouzu and Nimbus also had their chat, talking everything from games to the items they have in their inventory just like their usual days in Earth. From time to time, nobles would also talk to the group and ask them about their stories and adventures which they'd gladly tell, the kids who're going to be in the nobilities in the future would also be curious and ask them to play. There's also guys who would come by to sweet-talk with the girls, the same with the girls who would come by to talk or ask out Jouzu or Nimbus. It would be pretty much like that until everyone heard an announcement, "Ladies and gentlemen, King Xander and his family has arrived."