Chapter 44: Experiment and the Results

At long last, the allotted time of one week to counterattack the Apprentice of Greed's cult has passed, everything was set in motion immediately on the first day and results should come out in in a few days as Sigrun suggested. Well, if it weren't able to produce any results then they will just have to wait in a longer time.

Varix, the current standing leader of the Expedition Force from Hedia has relayed and distributed jobs and information to the Division leaders and Raid leaders who then established a chain of command to ensure any intelligence related to their enemy is relayed back to Varix.

As for Jouzu and his party, they kept training in magic in the city outskirts in which they acquired new skills and knowledge for magic such as infusing mana into a weapon and other things to further improve its capability and power. They've also done a lot of research, mostly of Vrojen's history and records of the monsters who inhabited outside the city walls.

Most monsters ranged from the most basic slimes to the more cunning and deadly giant insects like the Blade Mantis who looked like a praying mantis but with an exoskeleton as strong as steel but with high flexibility. The monster's levels ranged from 10 to 40 but this was only because they are low-rank monsters who're categorized as basic (F- to E+) and easy (D- to C+). Thanks to the unique system MagMa Online offered (when everything was just a game), most of them weren't a threat for them but it will be a risk to those who did not have a high skill level.

"Sir Varix! We received reports in the market area of a merchant who's not complying by the standards of Vrojen's laws! He demands a lower tax for his goods and merchendise."

"Let our people in that area mediate things be ready to send some armed guards if that merchant tries to do anything troubling. Also keep an eye on him and monitor him for the rest of the day if possible."

"Aye sir!"

"An underground pathway has been discovered under Koggen's Inn! Orion Squad is requesting permission to search and investigate sir!"

"Grant them permission and tell this to the Vrojen high council."

"Yes sir!"

"Sorry Varix-san, it seems that we made you busy because of my plan..." Sigrun said apologetically.

Since the sun had risen, things immediately became busy. Squads from both the Elves and Adventurers scattered around the city, checkpoints were also established in the most crowded parts, patrol guards we're constantly going back and forth into suspicious and least used alleyways, and spies were sent to inside and outside the castle. All of this were made sure to be known by the king, except for the spy part as Varix had told.

After only a few hours after the city had opened its gates, Varix received a ton of reports within the city such as the ones he was dealing with earlier.

"You don't have to worry about that, we're just executing your plan and if you say it should produce results then we'll be more than glad to do it. Also I trust you and the others sincerely, you've been doing amazing things after all and I've been a witness so you don't have to apologize so just leave it to us."

"But still, I caused inconvenience so let me at least apologize for that."

"Let her be Varix-san, she wouldn't stop apologizing if you won't. Even if she acts like a man most of the time, she's still a woman like me." Mischa said slightly teasing Sigrun causing her cheeks to redden slightly.

"If you say so then I shall." Varix replied with a smile.

"Then Varix-san, we'll excuse ourselves for now. We still have some things to do in the library. We both wish you a good fortune for today, goodbye."