Part Eight

Upon arriving home, Jeremy had new confidence in himself. Severus had been like an older brother to him while they traveled and taught him how to fight and defend himself on top of his schooling stating it was definitely needed if his sister was a doppelganger surrounded by baby vamps with no impulse control.

 Dealing with his sister's hysterics about where he had been was a pain In his ass so he simply replied "all you had to do was call or text, hell Tyler and Carolyn did!" The elves had informed them on there arrival of the new development of Carolyn as a vampire thanks to the woman his sister looked like and Casta had given him the low down about the Lockwood heritage. The day they arrived Jenna stabbed herself thanks to the compulsion of Katherine, Jeremy was livid when he barged into the Salvatore boarding house looking for his sister. When he found her he calmly stated "Jesus Christ Elena you bring vampires into our home and don't even have the decency to ensure Jenna is ingesting vervain what the hell is wrong with you? Or did you not so you could have Damon perform his fancy little compulsion on her as well, trying to control my mind and life wasn't enough for you?"

 Damon actually nodded thinking the little Gilbert had some decent fucking points as he hadn't been super happy about all the compulsion she had him do, he had often thought it didn't work on Jeremy but left it alone because he didn't cause any problems. Elena simply stuttered "I really don't know what you're talking about, what lies has that casta whore been telling you, she's nothing but a drug pusher" Jeremy laughed darkly, "oh is that the Casta I'm supposed to forget knowing, as I act like a good little boy doing my homework and listening to my sister" shaking his head "I've never been compelled Elena, I let you believe I was, Casta has protected me since the moment you brought the supernatural into our lives. And she's far more than a drug pusher and definitely not a whore. She comforted me through the loss of our parents, through the loss of Vicky, and through the loss of trust I had in who I believed was my sister." 

Elena looked shocked, Stefan simply stood beside his girlfriend in silence while Damon nodded thoughtfully before saying "you know Elena, he's not wrong with anything he just said, but on to more important topics than your little family drama." Pointing at Carolyn who Jeremy hadn't even noticed up until that point who was sitting on the couch. They all listened as Carolyn explained once again. What had transpired between her and Katherine earlier that day. The conclusion was made, Katherine had to die. They were going to kill her that night at the masquerade.

As the little gang of misfits prepared to take on Katherine Jeremy messaged Casta to let her know what was happening. He assumed she already knew thanks to her little ninja spy's as she called them but thought it best to let her know. He knew she worried about him like a little brother so he had no problem keeping her informed of his actions unlike Elena. She warned him to be careful that Katherine was a sneaky little thing and that she would be around. She always enjoyed a good masquerade especially when an execution was in the books, she was her father's daughter after all.

Arriving at the masquerade she decided to sit back and enjoy the show, she shook her head as she saw the commotion and felt the presence of two Bennett witches. She cloaked herself in magic so they could not feel her power and blended into the background wishing she had popcorn. When she saw Jeremy rush outside she followed, turns out Katerina had linked herself to Elena so any harm that befell her would also befall the precious human. Casta had to applaud her ingenuity. As Casta came across Elena and Jeremy she said hello, Elena glared at her while Jeremy smiled he gave her a hug and said he would see her tomorrow. Walking away from the girls, one his sister by parents the other the sister of his heart. Casta simply looked at Elena shook her head and went to walk away when something struck her hard from behind knocking her unconscious.