Raziel's Guardian (Ch. 6)

Chapter 6

I woke the following morning to my door slamming open and Elena barging in like she owned the place.

"Wake up human." She came right up to the bed and stood over me. She wore another dress, this one in emerald green but just as short and tight as the last. In one hand she held a bundle of clothes, in the other, boots.

I sat up, conscious to keep the sheet clamped firmly to my naked flesh. I frowned at the clothing.

"We are going to Miami." I said to her. The only indicator that she heard me was a raised eyebrow in my direction. I gritted my teeth. "Miami is like ninety degrees on a regular basis. If I wear those, I'm going to die of heatstroke." I spelled out for her.

Elena sighed. "The portal that ripped in Miami is a substantial one. You'll thank me for the pants when you get there. Now hurry up, Raziel is in a damning mood this morning and I really don't want him to turn that wrath on me."

I watched as she sauntered out of my room. Trying to dislodge the sheet as best as I could while keeping it around my body, I attempted to get out of the bed. I felt the temperature in the room drop before I saw him.

Raziel strode into the room and frowned at me. My breath caught at the sight of him, all powerful corded muscle and broodingly male. He was wearing a black t shirt and matching military style tactical cargo pants. A knife was strapped to his thigh once again. The arch of his wings almost touched the top of the doorway.

"Why don't you carry a gun?" I blurted out trying to alleviate the awkward silence.

Raziel's frown deepened. "A bullet won't stop any otherworlder, just make them angrier. Why aren't you dressed?"

I gestured towards the bed sheet. "I got stuck." I said as I attempted to dislodge the sheet once again.

"Drop the sheet and problem solved." He responded. "Hurry up, I want to be done with this as soon as possible."

I glared at him. "Leave, close the door behind you, and I would be glad to drop the sheet."

"Why? Nu—" I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"I know, Nudity is a mortal constraint. But news flash, I'm mortal and I don't go around naked." I said irritably.

Amusement briefly flashed across his eyes and he took a few steps towards me. "It's nothing I haven't seen before." He said in a low voice, meant for my ears only. Blood roared through my ears as he reached out and gently traced my collar bone.

My mouth went dry as he gripped my shoulder and leaned in. "So fragile, mortals are. I could break you in more ways than one." He murmured, a dark promise in his voice. My eyes snapped up to meet his distant and cold ones.

"What's going on here?" Rob's voice broke Raziel out of whatever trans had taken him over. He released my shoulder and stepped away from me, keeping that cruel gaze on me.

A brief second passed before Raziel turned and stalked out of the room. Rob glanced at me and frowned. "Are you ok?" He asked.

I nodded my head. Rob made to leave but I stopped him. "I have a question for you." I said quickly. This was probably going to be the only chance I got to ask him.

Rob inclined his head for me to continue.

I bit my lip and thought about a way to phrase my question without letting him know that I dreamt of Raziel.

"Why would a mortal offer blood to an otherworlder who isn't a vampire?"

"Mortals are typically used for feeding vampires or during sexual feedings for incubi and Succubi." Rob said slowly, coming into the room and closing the door. "What makes you think a non-vampiric being would take blood from a mortal?" He inquired.