Chapter 8 : Heartache

"I wish time had better timing for you and me."

"Sorry I didn't answer your call earlier, but I'm on my way right now to pick you up," Namjoon says to the person on the phone

"Don't take too long." The other person on the line says to him.

He hangs up the phone and walks to the car who was already waiting for him. The driver greets Namjoon.

"Mr. Kim, where are we off tonight?" He says to Namjoon, holding the door for him.

"We are meeting up with an old friend." He says to him with a smirk.

He climbs into the car. He takes one last good look at the house you both share and lets out a sigh of frustration.

"I hope you can forgive me," He mumbles under his breath.

>>>>>>>

"Are you sure you guys aren't going out tonight?" You say to J-hope who was on the other line trying to convince you that Namjoon wasn't with them.

"Yes, I'm sure. I haven't seen him since the argument you guys had." He says to you in an annoyed voice.

"Thank you anyway." You hung up the phone.

Your mind was messing with you, he lied to you about going out, but the real question with who.

>>>>>>>

"We are here Mr. Kim." The driver says to Namjoon who was sitting in the back completely daydreaming.

"Thank you." He says to the driver and gives him a small smile. His phone goes off and notices it is Joe. "Joe, talk to me," Namjoon says to him, getting off the vehicle and making his way to the restaurant and he was greeted by the host.

"I made sure the place was secured. No one will bother you." Joe says to Namjoon.

"Thank you I owe-" Namjoon was cut off when he saw her coming up to him. 

"Hey! You're finally here." She walks up to him and hugs and kisses him on the cheek.

Namjoon was a little bit surprised she greeted him like that when you're the only person who does.

"Halsey," Namjoon says to her, kinda pulling away from her not to make it too obvious.

The waiter was waiting for them to finishing greeting each other. Halsey was standing close to him. Namjoon gently puts his hand behind Halsey, following behind the host who was showing the way to the table.