Chapter 3 - Reunion

"Joshua Paxton!" a massive headache made him groaned. He was drunk last night, no doubt of that, and he couldn't even remember what happened after he let a chick sat on his lap. All he remembered was waking up in a messed hotel room early this morning and went back to his penthouse. Another party, another one-night stand. The familiar voice shouted this name again, forced him to open his eyes.

"Mother?"

Irene was standing next to his son's master bed, holding both of her hips. She couldn't believe it; he can't be reached since last night while her in law was doing an emergency operation. "Joshua Paxton wake up this second or I will..."

His mother's words made him slowly sit down, "fine mother. I'm up." He sighed.

"You're 28 years old for God's sake. Josh, your grandmother had an accident last night. And what did you do?!" Irene was angry at her only son.

"Grandma what?!" now this caught his attention. He looked at her in horror, even though the light still hurt his eyes.

"Pay her a visit, she's been asking for you. I'll get back to the hospital now." With that Irene turned her heels and went outside of his son's penthouse.

He called his secretary and told her to clear his schedule for today. He already late, might as well have a day off for today. It wasn't the first time his mother found him still hangover from a party the previous night, but it was the first time he regrets for getting too drunk. His grandmother had an accident and he had no clue. Simon, his driver, drove the car in hurry to the hospital. It was past noon when he arrived at Stonefield Hospital and he went straight to the VIP room where his grandmother is.

"Grandma..."

"Oh dear! Joshua finally! I thought you forget about me." Margaret pretended to look hurt.

"I would never... I apologize grandma."

"You were drunk last night, weren't you?" Natasha asked her brother with a suspicious look.

"Uhm, that's none of your business isn't it my dear sister?" Josh gave Nat a sly smile before gave Margaret a light kiss on her forehead. Natasha just rolled her eyes, wishing her brother will change.

"Apology accepted, with one condition..." Margaret said with a smile.

"Whatever it is grandma. I'll do it."

"Marvelous! Visit me every day, I accept no excuses." Josh nodded and give his grandmother a smile before sighing. This is going to be a long week, he thought. His grandmother is an amazing woman, but the thing is, she always gets what she wants. It's not going to be easy to get away from her request.

***

The following days, both Kate and Beth also other 3rd year residents were busy. Their resident hour has been added for two hours more, they also must study many other things. Not to mention taking care all the patients and at least doing a night shift in the ER once a week. Their time as residents almost over, but there are still so much to learn.

This morning was a bit loose for Isaac, Kate, Tom, Jen and Beth so they decided to hang out at the cafeteria, having brunch together. It's been a while since they spend time together. They were working in the same hospital, but it was hard to find the time when everyone available.

 They were working in the same hospital, but it was hard to find the time when everyone available