Chapter 17 - Manipulative Witch

Josh was sitting in his family's mansion, reading a monthly report from the company's branch in Europe while waiting for his mother and grandmother to get ready to go to the hospital. He promised to his mother that he will join them to see the ADHD program Stonefield Hospital has. Irene and Margaret on the other hand, really excited and happy to know Josh willingly to go with them to see the program. They thought they had to drag him with them to come. This was easier than what they thought.

"Mother, grandma, are you guys ready?" Josh knocked and opened his grandmother's room. He had been waiting for almost an hour and he told Kate they would be there at 4. "I told Kate we'd be there at 4." He added.

"Oh, we're almost done Josh. It's very unlike you to be this punctual?" Irene looked at her son. "Well, I went to their class once and the kids are punctual. You don't want to be late in front of the kids, don't you?"

"and the doctors?" Margaret added, holding her smirk. "Excuse me?" Josh asked, confused. "You don't want to be late in front of the kids and the doctors?" she repeated followed with a nod from Josh.

"dr. Reynolds is a very good doctor, isn't she?" Irene asked out of nowhere. "Yes, she is. She's very good with kids, and excellent at her job not gonna lie." replied Josh.

Margaret now looked at her grandson, "and very attractive too..." and Josh unconsciously replied "Indeed." After a few seconds he realized what he said but what's done is done. He tried to act cool about it, while Margaret and Irene tried to hold their smug smile.

"I'll wait for you in the car." He said and left his grinning mother and grandmother.

***

Back at Stonefield Hospital, Laura and Kate were busy preparing the ADHD class, today is not the ordinary session-today is special. The Paxton Foundation will pay a visit to their class to see if the program is worth being donated. While preparing the classroom, Kate felt her phone vibrate and she pulled it out from her white coat.

"We're on our way." Josh just texted her. Her heart was pounding so hard. It's not the first time she meets Josh and his family, but now they stand as the possible donor for the program she's working for.

'Relax Kate, act normal as it should be. They are here to experience how the class is. No need to run the class in a special way.' She thought to herself.

Not long after that, the students arrived and gathered inside the classroom. Ryan and Oliver are chasing one another while laughing, while Belle is sitting and playing with her hand. Kate tries to talk to Belle while waiting for the Paxtons to arrive. Some parents stay and talk to dr. Reed for a while and talking about their children's progress and stuff. Belle was sharing stories about the summer camp trip and how she loves it so much until they heard a knock; Josh, Irene, and Margaret were standing in front of the door. Josh smiled at the crowd, especially at Kate.

Laura immediately came to the Paxtons and greeted them, followed by Kate. "It's such an honor to have you in one of our classes." Laura smiled and shook Margaret, Irene and Josh's hand. "We're glad we can find a perfect schedule for this." Said Margaret with a smile.

"Our daily class usually consists of learning and playing since our students mostly are kids. But we also teach them to acknowledge their special traits and how to manage and make the most out of it." Kate said followed with nods from the Paxtons.

"Alright, let's start then!" Laura, who still had the big smile on her face, chimed.

***

One and a half hours passed by quickly when everyone enjoyed their time. The kids, the doctors and the Paxtons had so much fun during the class. Irene and Margaret even got the chance to talk to some of the parents after class to see how this program helps them and what they expect this program to offer in the future.