36 - THE LAST DANCE

BORN TO DIE
THE LAST DANCE

IN ORDER TO KEEP ELENA SAFE FROM KLAUS, THE SALVATORES HAD COME UP WITH THE IDEA OF MAKING THEIR HOME A SAFE HOUSE

IN ORDER TO KEEP ELENA SAFE FROM KLAUS, THE SALVATORES HAD COME UP WITH THE IDEA OF MAKING THEIR HOME A SAFE HOUSE. It was Stefan's idea that they sign the house over to Elena, therefore she could invite whoever she wanted inside. As of right now, Elena sat inside the house with Bonnie and Mr Henry to sign the documents over. Madeleine stood outside with a patient Stefan and Damon who had to wait to be invited back into their home. They had been discussing the current state of things and filling Madeleine in with what she missed whilst she was out of town. Apparently, Bonnie had made a deal with a bunch of witch ancestors to grant her their power so she could take down Klaus. Being vampire haters themselves, they agreed.

"Do you really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon inquiried.

Madeleine sat on the stone wall that surrounded the house with her arms crossed. "Remind me again why I'm exempt from this little plan of yours."

"Go on road trips, don't get invited to the big plans." Madeleine rolled her eyes.

"She said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him. Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original so..." Stefan turned to the blonde. "Realistically we only need one witch to take down Klaus. We need you in the background in case things go south. We can't show all our cards."

"We just need to find him. Can't you do one of those witch tracking spells?"

"Not without something that belongs to Klaus."

Damon stomped his foot like a child. He looked at his brother. "Do you think he killed her?"

"Katherine?" Apparently while Madeleine was gone they used Katherine as a body double. She hadn't returned since her last mission. "Probably."

Damon looked woeful. "Well, it's not like she didn't have it coming."

The front door of the Salvatore house opened. Damon straightened up and Madeleine pushed herself off the wall. Elena shook hands with the lawyer. Madeleine strolled into the house, not needing to be invited in. Elena went to follow her and then turned back. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot. Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?"

Stefan beamed. "I would love to."

Stefan sauntered into his home. Elena looked at Damon unamused. "What are we, 12?"

"One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?"

"No." He scoffed.

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies. No secret agendas. Remember?"

The vampire sucked in a breath. "Yes, Elena. Sure."

"Then please, come in."

Damon looked at his brother's smug face. "Shut up."