69: Sweet But Psycho

69: sweet but psycho#DWTD

#DWTD

RYU

“What a surprise Vander.”

Iyon ang bati sa akin ng taong kinatagpo ko. It’s past 10 in the evening and I have to kiss my wife good night and blurt some little lies just so I could leave the house. I need t do something, I have to do something and meeting Zero is one of it.

If this matter at hand is not that serious, I should have stayed and home and huddled beside Pi but then it’s best to start moving than wait.

“You can call me Ryu,” sagot ko sa kanya at umupo sa upuan na nasa harap ng counter ng bar.

He nodded slightly and shook his glass of rum. Nilaro-laro niya iyon sa kamay at tila nag-iisip ng kung anuman ang dahilan ng pagtawag ko sa kanya. He put another glass of drink in front of me na marahail ay nirequest nya sa bartender na nasa harap.

“So we’ll go straight to the business,” sabi niya. “What is it?”

Ininom ko muna ang rum bago huminga nang malalim. “I know you know already that it’s about my wife.”

Humigpit ang hawak niya sa kanyang baso. “Why, what’s wrong with Pi?”

“You knew all along that a lot is wrong,” sagot ko.

He heaved a sigh. “That includes getting involved with you in any sense.”

Mapait akong ngumiti. Meeting Pi was at first a curse, something I thought so unfortunate that ever happened to me. I hated her. Or maybe I didn’t and I just convinced myself that I hated her. I don’t know maybe I liked her the first time we met at pilit ko lamang na kinukumbinsi ang sarili ko na hindi ang kagaya niya ang magugustuhan ko. But it’s just that she’s so different from women I like. She’s evil but at some point, she’s an angel. I wasn’t lying when I said her flat figure is a sore to the eye. Her tattoos could not be so endearing at least to some, but for me she wore it like jewels which perfectly suit her.

Yup, I’ve been hit that bad.

Her crazy outbursts and murderous tendencies were scary at times. But she’s totally different that when you get to know her, she wasn’t just all about violence and gruesomeness. People just need to see beyond what the naked eye could see.

“Was it really that bad for her meeting me?” tanong ko. Dahil sa akin, iyon na yata ang pinakamagandang nangyari sa buhay ko.

Kinilatis ako ng tingin ni Zero at kahit may kadiliman ay naaninag ko ang galit sa kanyang mga mata. “It would have been better if you two never get involve... in any way.”

It fucking hurts to know that.

“I hate how it made me wonder why. Was it because of business? Guess I’ve been in good terms with her dad,” sagot ko sa kanya. Tila mas lalong napahigpit ang hawak niya sa kanyang baso na kasalukuyang sinasalinan ng bartender. The way his jaw set and that dark glint in his eyes tells something.