"Friends"

When lunch came around I made my way to the cafeteria, each table full of sophomores and freshmen and a cosseted huddle of people raising their voices to be heard over the din.
"Slut." A girl snickers walking past me.
I walked into the cafeteria, shaking off the weirdness. At once, Ashley and her posse stopped and stared at me, even my "friends". The table they were seated at turned into whispers, pointing and giggles. I was so embarrassed, frozen to the spot. I stood soaking in the cruel whispers and laughter. What the hell was going on today. I walk over the Ava and take a seat.

"Umm, Ava, what's going on? Did I miss something?" I ask confused.

"Excuse me, but slut's aren't welcome at this table." Ashley, you're typical mean girl snickers at me.
Why the heck was she sitting here?

I'm staring at Ava with a confused face, waiting for her to say something, anything; yet she says nothing.

"Come on girls, let's go sit somewhere else." Ashley adds.

Ashley and her posse stand up.
"Ava, are you coming?"

She looks at me and gives me slight shrug of her shoulders and stands up.

"Oh by the way, congrats on the baby. I feel sorry for the baby daddy and that child." Ashley snickers.

Burning raged hisses through my body like deathly poison
"Excuse me, what did you just say?"

She turns back around.
"You heard me, do I need to spell it out for you? I. Feel. Sorry. For. That. Baby." She leans her hands on the cafeteria table.

My eyes narrowed as she continued to taunt me.

"Aww look, her face is going all red." She cackles and walks away.

As much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. How dare she!! I can't believe Ava would tell those girls. Let alone anyone at all! With a mouth like Ashleys, it is only a matter of time before everyone finds out.

I get up from the cafeteria bench and turn to run towards to exist.
I stop suddenly and fall back a little.
Hunter was standing there. His face looked as though he had heard everything that just happened. And by his response, he did.

"You're pregnant?"