CHAPTER 2 "MOURNING"

"See your mom was the DAI district attorney investigator and she was investigating Mark Wyatt on several different charges so what he did after he figured out that your mom was on his case was send his men to comment robberies and muggings to have every cop in town busy and went to your mothers private office and killed her and that's my story and I'm sticking to it." That was defective Séan Ipliers theory but he was a little bit off mentally but he has a wife and kid so mom used her connections to keep him as her partner so I imagine it's a matter of time before they let him go so disregard that opening thery. For the record, Mark Wyatt was the host of a children's T.V show, and Sean always had it in for him. When he and Mom would talk over dinner, and no, he isn't my dad. My dad is a retired veteran. The reason for Sean's hatred for Mark Wyatt was because he had a theory that he was putting hidden messages into his show and was a secret cult leader the only secret about this is how Séan got his DAT license. The man is Looney, just like his tunes. "I won't rest until I got your mom's killer she was my partner, and now I'm solo." After that, he stared into space. "Good night," he said, then walked out. Maybe Ray and Morgan stared at each other, Ray was holding in his laughter with every fiber in his being. But Mark and Sean used to be roommates back in college (as Sean puts it), and Mark poisoned or drugged him and tried to brainwash him, but it was all too crazy to be true Don't they check your mental health before putting you on a children's TV show, so whatever.

2 WEEKS LATER

well, it's been two weeks since mom died. I'm not ready to go back to school, but I got to get out of the house. Dad used to drink a little since his army days but with Mom. He's straight alcoholic so I'm going to school. I'll pull up to Ray's house and honk the horn he never came out so I'll pull out and take off down the road 5 minutes later I see him down the road so I stop and roll down the window "Need a ride"? Ray looked up and down and replied "Hellyeah".then write how often than five minutes of awkward silence later Lynn can not stand the silence anymore. "What are you doing this weekend?" Ray let out a frustrated breath, "probably playin' the game." Then, more silent than they started the school day. The first three classes were okay. I was just happy to go to lunch where i sat with Morgan. "What's up best, friend?" "Pizza." we laughed and set down. I'm just thinking to myself about time someone made this connection. "School makes psychopaths." Morgan shot her head up. "What do you mean?" I could tell she's worried about me, so I have to give her a show. "PIZZA WITh MILK WHAT THe FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING LIKE pLEASE mAKE SeNSE OF THIS FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST" oh my God Morgan's face is lit up like a Christmas tree her eyes about popped out of her head HA. "I'm joking morg. I mean, not really but a little." Morgan shocked face turns from Surprise into a mixture of pity laughter and genuine laughter. "You have a point," she replied. A few minutes of chewing goes by, and then I feel Morgan's eyes staring at me. Then I'll look up, making eye contact, her crystal blue eyes piercing my soul. "Lynn if you need anything do not even hesitate to come to me cuz I know guys can't talk to other guys about their feelings plus I've only been your best friend since we were six so there's that too." She still worries about me, but I nod to her in appreciation. then I feel a hand on my shoulder I turned to see a beautiful girl red hair, freckles covering her blush cheeks she had a black hoodie, skinny jeans, and Converses is on then she spoke to me "I'm sorry about your mom". Then she walked off, and so many emotions flooded me sadness for my mom, confusion to who she was, and that assand I don't know what to do or say so I didn't do anything. The rest of my school day was just filled with this girl. Ray walked up to me. "We still hitting the diner after school?" He asked "Yeah let's ride." We got to the diner. Ray ordered a burger and fries. I got two orders of chicken strips with a side of scrambled eggs, and then Ray spoke. "What's the plan for the weekend bro"? Ray continued to speak, but I was just daydreaming about that girl. Who was she? Does it matter? Will I get to see her again? Was she about? "WAKE UP Ray shout it in my face. "Yeah, yeah, what's up?" Then Ray asked, "We still going to go hang out with Michel?" I just say yes, pay are tab and get in my van and take off, 18 minutes of blaring music we pull up to a sketchy house not in the middle of nowhere but in the woods. "Remember to honk," Ray reminded me, so I honked the signal that Michel told us to do when we showed up. Michel was a different type of guy he hates phones but loves gaming, but during the night or during the day with friends, but during the day he helps people in need or spreading the word of God. Please not your typical Christian or even typical Christian freak.