CHAPTER 7 "MORGAN'S SECRET"

MORGAN

NOV-19

I call up Ray of course cause he has his attitude. "But I want to meet Michel and makeup between us. So for Lynn's sake can you take me to Michel's" I hear him whisper 'fuck' but he agrees. So we meet up and start walking, we walk for a long ass time but it's whatever it takes. Ugh my feet hurt but we finally walk up to and see a house about 50 yards away. "So where is this guy at?" "AHHHHH" someone fell from the sky and grabbed me I freaked out and shook loose and scrambled away. I turn to Ray and he is dying laughing I turn to see a man in a harness hanging from a tree with a bungee cord laughing. "DUDE" think about what you say, girl. "You gotta show me that". The man I can only assume is Michel Is unhooking his harness but still laughing. So I see that he's older and I heard he is very religious so lemme try some. "Oh where is my manners my name i-is Morgan". He looks up a little shocked. "Michel, of course, but after we finish getting set up for the party". I just nod my head and say 'sweet'. So we worked for a few hours then just chilled, I don't know why I was so scared of him he is really chill. Me and the boys where chilling on the couch until Ray got up and started walking to the kitchen and looked at me. "Hey, c'mere a sec" I get up and follow him and he is pacing until he stands still and I ask him 'Sup'. "Then he leaned on the counter. "I know we haven't seen eye to eye but since it's Lynn's birthday I'm willing to give us a fresh start if you are". He holds out his hand. Well to me this is a no-brainer, he helped Lynn when I was in New York, and plus I prefer friends over enemies. I grab his hand and shake then I turn to walk back into the living room and he holds my grip and pulls me closer our noses are inches apart, and our eyes meet, and said in a very soft voice. "Ya know I'm glad we're friends now".Lacking words and breath I reply "Me too". Then we slowly lean in a share a soft slow kiss. He almost didn't pull away but Michel turned the kitchen door then Ray walked away as Michel entered. "Hey, Ray we are out of Root beer, wanna ride with me to get more"? Just not knowing what to say he just nods his head and we all load up in his truck and I just have my thoughts. Like we just kissed and I don't even like-like black guys like that and especially since we were recently beefing with him. Ugh, my head hurts. Well we pull up to Walmart Michel got Diet Coke and Stax chips, Ray got a Root beer and Doritos, and I got Sprite and protein bars. They both just stayed at the bars than at me. "I snack healthy don't judge. Rude" Michel chuckles a little, then a woman ahead of us in line is yelling at the cashier, and she's drunk. I lean my head over and get on my toes I wanna get a look and it's OH MY GOD IT'S MY MOM. I drop my stuff and run up to her. "Mom, what are you doing here"? She turns to me her head spinning and replys. "Getting more boooooze meh headaches are coming back. But these Fuckers are saying my credit card is declining". I just get mad. "OH MY GOD MOM YOUR EMBARESSING ME IN FRONT OF MY NEW FRIENDS" Then Michel handed Ray $200 dollars and his truck keys and whispered into his ear then walked up to my mother. "Ok let's get you home now". So I turn to Ray. "How does he know where I live"? As Ray pays for the groceries he just explains that one night driving around and just so happened to pass my house and Lynn pointed it out. ME and Ray load up the truck and even though he only has his permit he is a pretty good driver. There was a tense silence between us until Ray opened up. "So about earlier-". I interrupted him. "We was just two people that got caught up in the heat of a intense moment. That's all that was, just a moment". Ray releases a I breath a sigh of disappointment. He took his left hand off the wheel and propped his head up with and is now steering only with his right hand. "Yea I've just been so lonely that moments like that keep me going. And before you ask 'what about Lynn and Michel'. Well I don't mean friend lonely I mean. You know what just Fuck it". I feel that I know exactly how he feels. "Hey, I know how you feel, me and you we are in different boats but in the same water". He shook his head and just threw up his hands. "Well, why not give this a chance". I just have to tell him to keep this wildfire from spreading. "Because I'm in love with Lynn" He jerked his head at me. "But don't tell him he doesn't know I've liked him since we were little. I haven't told anyone I just wanted you to know so you knew that I wasn't just turning you down for just no reason and please if you really are his best friend you would keep that between us PLEASE". We just look at each other and we both just nod. We have a good understanding and hopefully a stronger friendship. 15-20 minutes later we get to Michel's and we unload the party stuff and just chilled for a about a hour, Then Ray drove me home for another about 20 mins. We pull up to my house and Ray did a series of honks, then Michel walked out with a smile on his face and he doesn't look at me and quickly says. "See ya tomorrow Morgs" They leave and I walk in to my house. "MOOM"! "Upstairs Honey". I walk upstairs and walk in my mom's room and she's in bed. "C'mere honey we need to talk". I go to the foot of the bed and just sit on my feet. "Morgan I need you to listen to me. I know I have been a shit mom since your dad left us but I'm going to cut back on t-the drinking then quit. I'm going to get a job again but more importantly, get my daughter back and be a mom again". I'm just in tears and I crawl up and hug my mom. "Now get in bed with me and let's watch some movies". I get in bed and under the covers and I feel something wet and silky. I put out a used condom. "EWWW"