CHAPTER 4 "FAMILY"

"What the fuck?" I yell as run to the person. I spin them around to see who it is and it's a......................... Mannequin?? I whisper "What the fu-" -BOOO- I get scared and jump. I then turned around to see a shadowy figure open his jacket and reach in. This is it I am about to die. The shadow pulled out. "BAM" a middle finger in my face. Then the shadow started laughing himself silly, I get up shaking and griping my hair. The shadow finally took of the hood and it's Morgan. "BITCH WHAT THE FUCK"??? I break down and sit against my bed and started grabbing my knees shaking. She stops laughing then gets on her knees and places a hand on my shoulder "Lynn are you ok"? I swat her hand away and snap as I bolt up. "FUCK OFF AND FUCK YOU GET THE MANNEQUIN AND GET THE FUCK OUT NOW!!!" Morgan in tears just freaks outs and runs out my window as she starts climbing down the window. As she starts her climb down I call out. "Morgan" She looks up at me with tears running down her eyes. "Gotch ya. Her mouth opens wide and lets out a violent grunt and continues to storm off.

THE NEXT DAY

After school, I had to go to work. If you remember I am a courtesy clerk. (fancy word for bag boy) at my local grocery store and normally in this, I'd skip this part of my day because It's work. I fill the milk, eggs, and water, straighten 7 of the 15 isles, take out the trash, and help out the housewives and elderly with their bags. Like I said I'd normally skip this part but I was talking to Brandi, the cashier that I'm chums with when he came in my line. I didn't recognize him at first but when I looked into his eyes I realized that it was him, the guy that stabbed Ray. Instantly my heart and soul were filled with RAGE but I had to stay calm and use my brain. 'I can't do this now I'd go to jail lose my job and ruin what I have new with dad and Vanesa'. So I had to play the bag boy. " would you like me to take your bags s-sir"? His eye met mine and he didn't move he didn't flinch and his eyes were soulless. "No that's ok". He picked up his bags and walked out to his truck and I followed with a broom and dustpan trying to act like I was sweeping the parking lot and I catch his license plate 'H8-LFE' I wrote it on my arm and rolled down my sleeve, then worked the rest of my shift and went home. I tried to call Ray but he was at Michel's and his phone was on mute, then tried Morgan but she is still pissed so I went straight to voice mail. I get out of my room and go to my dad's office and he's on his computer. "Hey, dad". He looks up. "Hey spot what's up?" Nervously I ask. "Can uh umm look up a license plate number for me?" He squints his eyes and scratch his chin, "Why son"? I take a breath and let it out. "I got the plate of the that stabbed Ray. He went to the store today." Dad just fell back into his chair, then looked me up and down to think. He typed on his computer and then stood up. "I'm going on patrols so don't mess with my computer that has the license plate search engine pulled up where all you gotta do is put in any plate number and find out addresses and shit." I picked up on what he was putting down. Dad put on his police hat and leaned and whispered into my ear. "Wait for me and we'll use some police brutality". He leaned back and we just stared at each other for a moment it was intense for a min then he walked out. I went to the desk and as I went to type my phone started going off, I pull out my phone and it was Vanesa I answer. "He-" "LYNN LYNN please help me it's my little brother he's dying. Please bring your van to 620 Philips street NOW LYNN HELP!! ME HURRY" Then she hung up, I without hesitation I run to my van and put the address into my G.P.S and haul ass. I pull up to an old motel and look for the room number she texted me and opened the door and I see Vanesa on the ground freaking out then I shift my eyes and see.....Dale???? seizing on the floor and foaming from the mouth. Vanesa turned to me and yelled out. "LYNN HELP!" I run up to him and cradle him in my arms and told her to get all the door open on my van then load him up then rushes to the St. Paul's hospital. I walk in holding Dale and a nurse ran over with a stretcher and the nurse asks up what was wrong with him and Vanesa whispered one word. "Over-dose". As I hear what she says my eyes widen as I thought it was an allergic reaction, but no, an over-dose from a 15-year-old. SHIT. The docs take him away and hug Vanesa but she pushes me off. "Lynn go wait in your van I'll be there in a minute". I don't know what's going on so I just go to my van to wait for her. I hop in the back of my van and grab some paper towels to clean Dale's drool, I still can't believe their brother and sister. Well, imma be a minute so I grab my bean bag chair and reach into my secret department and grab a box of Cheese Itz and a 24oz diet coke and watch YouTube to pass the time. I like to watch TheYoloDonkey game but V3 is good too, and if you like vlogs A Day With J isn't bad either. About 35 minutes go by till Vanesa opens the door and hops in and I just stayed at her. "Well?" She just looks like she's been crying and thinking so she was already to talk. "Well even though my parents are rich my older brother, oh yea I have a older brother. He likes to think he runs the streets, so he slings drugs and mugs people with his run-of-the-mill human pieces of SHIT and he sometimes makes Dale try his stuff to see 'how good it is'. But no he's gone too far, maybe dad will now realize that he needs professional fucking help cause Dale might be in the hospital but hes killing MEEEE". She feel in my arms and I hold her until I hear 2 knocks on my door and someone opens it and starts talking. "Hey sis dad wants to know". He stopped talking because we locked eyes. Vanesa's brother was the motherfucker who stabbed Ray. The rage-fueled me and in an instant I hopped to my feet and charged and kneed him straight in the face and he flew backwards and I jump out and landed on him throwing rapid-fire strikes. Hitting him with lefts and rights until he rolled me off of him and as we both got to our feet he pulled out his switchblade and started swinging it at me wildly me somehow avoiding all the swings. Then Vanesa jumped out of the van and ran up screaming for us to stop the fight and as her brother goes for another stab Vanesa jumped between us and he stuck the blade right in her chest the look on his face was pure shock then he let out a raging holler. "NESA NOOOOOO!!!!" I run up and land three more full-force punches. Until a police officer runs up and tackle me and cuffed us both but unfortunately he only was by himself so we had to share a cop car he put me in the front and Vanesa's brother in the back and the last thing I saw while we take off was nurses bringing a lifeless Vanesa into the ER a bloody mess.