P a r t 3

"Welcome Prince Taehyun... I've been expecting you and meyli" the emerald boy spoke his green eyes darker than ever as he stroked through meyli's mane gently.

"Spiro... what's happening to Soobin hyung?" Taehyun asked moving forward towards the guardian tree and feeling it's bark. Its bark was screamingly hot and rough making Taehyun hiss before pulling his hand back and away from the crying tree.

"Shadow woods is dying... It's guardian isn't complete which makes it weaker." Spiro spoke gently stroking the tree and trying to calm it down.

"Nature is connected Taehyun... and even if one of it's aspects is broken, the entire pyramid will collapse. But, the woods require you, you are not only this kingdom's protector but also the entrusted one and you must respond to the magic." Spiro advised connecting his forehead with the tree's bark and climbing onto its branch and closing his eyes, muttering strange words.

The air around his palm swished around as a bright red hue formed around it making his eyebrows furrow. A small object appeared as Spiro closed his fist and spun it around throwing the mist towards Taehyun.

Beomgyu and Hueningkai froze at their spots as they were just entering the grove when they saw the mist surround around Taehyun and pull him into the air making the boy fly. The bright red hue flew threw his head and right out through his mouth as it caused a bright warm explosion of rubies.

The air formed a gentle bed as Meyli flew to Taehyun rescuing the boy from a harsh fall. Taehyun grunted as he regained his balance slowly before looking at Beomgyu and Kai's shocked expression.

"What?" he questioned before looking down at his own clothing his eyes widening.

He was now dressed in a dark blue long coat with long boots and had a sharp diamond handled sword. In other words, he basically looked like puss in boots but he was human and not a cat. The magic swirled around him as it gave him a bright green and red crown that studded his hair.

Taehyun's eyes widened when he looked at himself and spotted the dark red potion with leaf studs and iron branches writhing around it hanging from his waist.

"That is a healing potion. The only one of it's kind and can only be used when the key is discovered and applied. I cannot tell you anything else, for my duties, are now completed" Spiro explained looking at Taehyun slowly.

"You mustn't be accompanied by anyone on this journey... this must remain as your mission only" Spiro instructed as he gently hopped off the tree.

"that, of course, does not include meyli..." Spiro spoke gently walking forward and grabbing onto Taehyun's palms.

"Now Taehyun... I think it is time for you to fulfill your destiny"