Chapter 2 | Hogwarts

Edited

"Hello Dear, wake up. We will be arriving in 20 minutes, I recommend staying awake, I will not be coming back in." Harry's eyes shifted and tried to focus until they came across the trolley woman that was standing in the middle of the opened compartment door. Harry gave her a miniature nod and start to stretch. Once he was fully awake, he made sure that all his possessions were stuffed away in his trunk. Not long after, he felt the train come to a halt and heard the whistle. Everyone from all cabins started rushing out, Harry decided to linger in a little longer so he won't be caught in the crowd. He finally came out when he heard a familiar voice yell out "First years! First years with me!". He rushed outside, leaving his trunk in his compartment. Harry spotted Hagrid, who was surrounded by First years including Ron Weasley and Draco Malfoy.  Remembering he left his luggage inside the train he went back but and he turned he stumbled into someone.

"Hey! Watch it" said a small girl with brown bushy hair, hazel eyes, and two big front teeth

"Oh, I am so sorry, I just forgot my luggage inside," Harry said pointing down the hall. The small girl was inspecting every move he made until she came across the scar.

"Oh My God, You're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger pleasure" she extended a hand out to Harry and he took it. She then grabbed his wrist and started running towards the exit.

"Um...Hermione? My trunk is still in my compartment, I need to get it" Harry said through gasps for air.

"Don't worry about it Harry, your things should already be at Hogwarts. They use magic to transport heavy trunks and luggage. Now we need to hurry or we'll miss the boat." She said as Harry's face lit up when be heard the word "Magic".

Harry and Hermione both got there in time for Hagrid to explain what they were going to do.

"So ye' gunna row through t'as lake, e thi way to ho'wart" Hagrid said trying to sound most proffesional. Three-by-three students were boarding the boat which were enchanted to row themselves.

Hermione and Harry were accompanied by one more student.

"Hello, This is Harry Potter, and I'm Hermione Granger, and you are? Hermione said to the cloaked figure which occupied the back of the boat not doing or saying anything.

"I believe this is Draco Malfoy. I met him on the train." Harry hovered a hand in mid-air signaling him.

"Why do you have the obnoxious habit of being nice Potter?" Draco groaned as he slipped his cloak off his head revealing his dirty blonde hair.

"I believe he's doing something you'll never have the balls to do" Hermione shot back her brows narrowed and a smirk on her face. They were getting close to the entrance waiting for the rest of the first years to get off the boat.

"Shut up Granger, I don't recall asking for your opinion, Potter you should know who you make friends with," Draco said standing up and placing his feet on the impenetrable pavement.

Harry followed, he debated wether or not to help Hermione up, but he chose against it and turned on his heel and left. Everyone was on the hard pavement when Hagrid started to lead the first year into the castle.

Hagrid had stopped in front of a big door and asked us to wait 5 minutes.

"Heard Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts," a small boy with black slick hair and a pale, weak body said to Ron.

"Yeah, Neville. I've met him. He seemed like a nice lad. Hangs out with the wrong crowd though. Imagen being that helpless" Ron sniggered at his comment. Harry overheard it, he was humiliated and annoyed that this was what they thought of him. He shifted away from Ron and his group just to captivate in his rage and bad temper.

Soon an older woman walked into view. She wore a forest green robe and a pointy black hat with two barn owl feathers. She was very intimidating at a first glance but looked sweet at the same time.

"Hello Students, I am Professor McGonagall. Before you start your classes you need to be sorted into your houses which are the following: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. after you have been sorted you will go to your rightful house table and have dinner."some first years started to mumble their excitement and nerve racking feeling towards the sorting.

"Professor? How do we get sorted? I heard it was some kind of test, Please let it not be, I haven't studied anything" The small boy who was talking to Ron a couple of minutes back spoke. "You will have to wait and see Mr.Longbottom," she took out her wand from the side of her robes and mumbled something underneath her breath when abruptly the giant doors flung open.

Everyone was taken aback when the doors opened to uncovered a huge room that was full of students and teachers. McGonagall ordered the first years to follow her lead as she sprinted to the front of the room where a long table full of adults sat. In the middle of the table sat an old man with crescent moon spectacles and long white hair and beard. Once they all reached the front the old white man stood up.

"Welcome, to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am so happy that you all decided to come to Hogwarts. Now I believe Professor McGonagall has filled you in on what you are expected to do today" he said pointing at a stool with an old hat placed on top of it. "Let the sorting begin,".

McGonagall took out her wand again and pointed it to the hat, moments later the hat moved. It started to take form and once it was done, it had a pair of eyes and a mouth created from slits on the hat.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty, But don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find, A smarter hat than me. You can keep your bowlers black, Your top hats sleek and tall, For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat And I can cap them all. There's nothing hidden in your head The Sorting Hat can't see, So try me on and I will tell you Where you ought to be. You might belong in Gryffindor, Where dwell the brave at heart, Their daring, nerve and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart; You might belong in Hufflepuff, Where they are just and loyal, Those patient Hufflepuffs are true And unafraid of toil; Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, If you've a ready mind, Where those of wit and learning, will always find their kind; Or perhaps in Slytherin You'll make your real friends, Those cunning folk use any means To achieve their ends. So put me on! Don't be afraid! And don't get in a flap! You're in safe hands (though I have none) For I'm a Thinking Cap!"