Chapter 8: 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐬

The great escape
_______________________________

"They're just training dummies ."
__________________________________

Lloyd started shooting his green energy at widows. I tried to freeze them but there were too many to hold back.

(Hey Lloyd! Y/N!)

Someone's shouting from above.

"Grab on!"

A familiar voice called out and it sounded similar to Cole's. A rope starts to wind down as Lloyd grabs on tightly onto it while grabbing my waist towards his. I was flustered by his hand placement but I had to maintain my composure. After dreadful minutes of Cole pulling us up, we finally saw the light of day. Upon reaching the surface, a tiger widow managed to grab onto my leg.

(spider digs its claws into y/n's leg)

"Argh! Get off me, you disgusting thing!" I shrieked as I shot darkflame [darkflame: glowy lilac flame that burns enemies rapidly] at it, burning it into ashes.

"Quickly pull us up!" I said.

A few minutes of tiring battles and pulling, we finally reached land.

(all panting)

"Phew. Where did you get such a long rope?" Lloyd asked.

"You don't wanna know." Nya replied.

I was staring at the hole the spider created in my leg. I tore the sleeves of my clothes to stop the bleeding, unsure if the area was poisoned or not.

"We better get out of here before more of them starts coming after us." Zane said.

"Impossible. They won't be able to climb that much to surface." Jay protested.

(loud static interception)

"(accepts Pixal's incom) Guys, Pixal's trying to contact me. She's trying to say something." Nysa said.

"Be careful! I've tracked your whereabouts and it turns out there's something worse than what you've encountered. It's coming for you!" Pixal warned.

"Who's the "it"? " Jay asked.

"The goliath!"

The ground started shaking vigorously. A loud hiss came from under us.

"EVERBODY! RUN!" Lloyd exclaimed.

We ran to a safe spot to avoid the earthquake when a spider, three times the size of a tiger widow, emerged from the cracks.

(Zane scans the creature)

"According to my analysis, this isn't just a normal goliath. It's from the dark ruins of this jungle, meaning our powers aren't effective against it."Zane said shakily.

"Wow, thanks a lot ZANE. Now we're all going to die here." Dramatic Jay said.

"(skims through data paragraph again) However, only the one who possesses the power of the corrupt has a seventy-five percent chance to defeat it." Zane added.

Zane looked at me and Lloyd.

"Did you remember to close the portal? The realm entrance?" He asked.

"I don't think so..." We answered.

"EVERYONE NEEDS TO SHUT UP AND RUN!" Jay screamed.

The Goliath started coming after us. Each second it thumps, it becomes louder and louder. Kai tried burning it down with his power but as Zane said, neutral elements are ineffective when it comes to it. Cole from afar activated his lava arms.

"Eat dirt, scumbag!" Cole said building a rock barrier around it.

The Goliath smashed it into pieces in a single hit.

"It's too powerful! You're right Zane, our powers are useless!" Jay said.

"y/n, you're the only one capable of defeating it." Lloyd said, looking at me.

"I doubt I'm strong enough to handle that thing alone." I protested.

I was terrified at that moment. The excruciating pain in my leg made the situation even worse.

"I know you can do it ." Lloyd persuaded.

I looked into the glimmer in his eyes which gave me hope. I turned my head towards the spider. There's no other choice. I have to do it for my friends, for Lloyd. I urged the rest to run to safety so they wouldn't get caught in my duel with the goliath.

"Promise me you'll get out of there alive" Lloyd said.

He and the rest of the ninjas evacuated to the bounty in case any other spiders decides to invade them.

As it started running towards me, I gathered all my energy and shot gloom [gloom: a velour coloured lightning that appears in solid shape but pierces through any surface and shocks the body permanently] It felt unconscious and fell upside down. I created a giant darkflame and burnt one of its leg. I felt power surging through my body but it wasn't the good kind. I realised  I'm overusing my abilities.

At that point of time, I couldn't control myself anymore. My eyes turned the darkest shade of purple.

A weapon formed in my hand. It looks like my elemental sword.  The violet flame from the sword made it more intense. Incapable of controlling my body, it moved on its own instinct. (unconscious) I jumped on it and sliced its body open. Its intestines flew out as blood started splattering everywhere. My face and body was covered in its green blood.

I continued stabbing it deliberately when static noises broke my subconsciousness. The weapon vanished in my hands. I raised my hands and saw them trembled. Terror stole my words.

My eyes returned back to normal. My vision darted from right to left to see the torture the spider went through. I was disgusted.

What did I just do?

A headpiece device was sticked onto the side of my head.

(static noises)

"Did you defeat it?" Nya intercepted.

"(stutters) I hope I did."

"Zane's falcon will guide you to us. Follow it." Nya added

The beautiful black falcon flew to me. I grabbed a long stick to aid my journey back. On the way, there was a clean puddle of water. I washed the blood away. Thankfully, the stench went off too.

Third Person POV:

Even with the brutal attacks, the Goliath still got up and its blood attracted a female goliath.

You are still following Zane's falcon not knowing the two Goliaths were creeping and preying on you.

(hissss)
                              ~to be continued~
__________________________________

Hey! Thanks for reading. 🍁
Don't forget to vote and share this! I really appreciate it 🍂
Happy 200 reads! 🤍
Instagram: private
Remember to vote and comment 🪸