Chapter 9: 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐬 (II)

(hissss)
__________________________________

First Person POV:

It has been 10 minutes following Zane's falcon.

(do you think y/n will make it back?)

I heard muffled voices from a distant. Eventually, I was reunited with them again. I entered the bounty and entered the eating room. They were having lunch while sitting on the ground.

"Gosh y/n. Are you alright? You look pretty beat up." Kai said.

"(weakly) I'm alright but I did hurt my leg."

(munching)

"Why are you all eating on the floor?" I asked.

"Cole got hungry so we're having a short picnic here." Jay said as he took a big bite of his sandwich.

"I mean, we can't fight on an empty stomach, can we?" Cole said with his mouth full of cake.

I slowly made my way to the bathroom to wash up when someone barged open the door.

(door slams wide open)

"Guys! Pixal told me that there's two more of them coming towards the bounty!" Nya warned.

"I thought y/n finished them off?" Kai said.

"(confused) How are they still alive? It wasn't breathing anymore when I left." I said.

"Besides, i've pulled out their organs too." I added.

Cole gave me a disgusted look.

"Too much?"

"(places down plate) I'm literally eating right now." He said.

"Jokes aside, there's two prying on our bounty right now." Nya said.

(lowers head and presses lips tightly) I let out a heavy sigh knowing I didn't get to kill off the goliath completely. I was disappointed in myself.

"Don't worry, y/n. We'll get them this time." Lloyd comforted as he placed his hand on my grimy shoulder.

His touch gave me a slight sense of hope.

" I think they took up my scent." I said.

"I mean, you are covered in its 'juices'. (chuckles)" Cole joked when Jay did a light backhand  slap on his face.

"Yeouch!"

"Could you not joke around AT THIS TIMING." Jay said.

(they both glared at each other)

" Lloyd and I will try distracting the Goliaths.
Y/N, you get ready to shoot it down." Kai
demanded and broke Jay and Cole's staring contest.

I was hesitant at first because my leg wasn't getting any better but there was no other choice. I nodded my head as a reply. Their thumping started resonating the area. Everyone gathered at the entrance to defend the bounty. Only one goliath was in our sight.

(hisss)

"Y/N, move!" Lloyd cautioned.

I dashed to my right. Without Lloyd's warning, the spider could've attacked me from my back. The spider jumped over us and joined the one preying in front of us. Lloyd and Kai carefully approached them and started using their powers. I had to strategically think of how to use my powers. Perhaps if I stun and freeze, they wouldn't be able to move anymore.

While the goliaths were distracted by Kai and Lloyd's flames, I used my remaining energy to jump high above the goliaths and pulled out gloom on my left hand, darkice on my right and striking them simultaneously. As gloom hit them, they stopped moving for a second and that's when a killing blow hit when I froze them. An ice canister was built around its body, freezing it to the core as a special dark matter melts their body.