Chapter 4: Kneel Before Me

You were standing on the main deck of the helicarrier, waiting. S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were using satellites to track down Loki whilst you stood beside Steve and Coulson, witnessing their awkward exchange.

"I mean, if it's not too much trouble," said Phil.

"No, no," Steve replied. "It's fine."

"It's a vintage set," Coulson continued. "It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges, but..."

You rolled your eyes. Coulson never shut up about those trading cards.

" We got a hit." You're head whipped around to the agent who had spoken. You sped over there as he continued. "Sixty-seven percent match. Weight, cross match, seventy- nine percent."

This was it. You'd found Loki. "Location?" you asked.

"Stuttgart, Germany," he replied. "28, Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding."

"Captain, you're up," said Fury. "Bloodhound, escort him." You gave a small salute before grabbing the Captain and dragging him to his locker room. Once inside, the doors opened to reveal his uniform, along with his shield.

-----------------------------

"There are no men like me," he said, preparing his attack on the elder. He readied his scepter, which was glowing from the energy beam that it was preparing.

"There are always men like you."

"Look to your elder, people," Loki continued. "Let him be an example."

Just as he shot the beam, Captain America landed and blocked it with his shield, knocking over the god.

"You know," he said. "The last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing."

"The soldier," Loki exclaimed, getting up. "A man out of time."

"I'm not the one who's out of time."

From above, you arrived with the Quinjet, pointing a machine gun at the men below you.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down," you shouted into a speaker. Instead of complying, he sent a beam right at you. You managed to dodge it just in time and saw Rogers throw his death frisbee at Loki. Beside you, Natasha was getting ready to shoot the machine gun.

The men continued fighting, seemingly a good match for each other. Suddenly, AC/DC's "Shoot to Thrill" overrode the speakers. 

"Agent Romanoff, did you miss me?" You grinned as Tony flew down and knocked the god to the ground. He pulled out what seemed to be every weapon in his suit. "Make your move, Reindeer Games."

Loki lifted his hands up in surrender and you sighed in relief. He would be in your custody soon.

-------------------------------

Once you were back in the air, silence fell over the group. You waited for a little while until Steve struck up a conversation with Tony and then asked Natasha to pilot alone for a bit. Slightly nervous, you approached Loki.

"Hey there," you said. Silence. He completely ignored you.

"I haven't seen you in a while," you continued. "It's been, what, a year? You know, you're a lot less cautious than you used to be. I'm not the only one who can see you now."

Unbeknownst to you, everyone on the Quinjet heard you and was now listening in. They wanted to know how you knew the mysterious villain, and why you hadn't said anything.

"What can I say, caution goes out of the window once you have nothing left to lose," he finally replied. "You never did explain how you saw through my illusion. That should not have been possible."

"Yeah, well, I don't know either," you shrugged. "So, what is your plan exactly? You couldn't get a hammer so now you want to take over the planet?"

"Do not make it sound so ludicrous," he snapped. "Your weak, mortal mind is too weak to grasp my motives."

"I thought we'd established that my mind was stronger than most," you pointed out.

"If I recall correctly," he drawled. "You said it, but I never agreed. Besides, you are beneath me. Stronger than average or not, you cannot compare to me."

That stung a little.

"Now if you don't mind, I have better things to do than entertain you with this trivial discourse," he said.

"Like what?" you scoffed. "You're in handcuffs, buddy. There's nothing you can do. How about you tell me why you were in New Mexico a year ago, and why you're suddenly back?"

Loki simply glared at you, signalling that he wouldn't answer a single question. You cursed under your breath, running a hand through your (H/C) hair. Why did he have to be so difficult?

You were snapped out of your thoughts by a bolt of lightning narrowly missing hitting the jet. Loki seemed anxious at the sight, so you gave him a comforting smile. This made him visibly relax before he realised what he did and tensed back up again. 

"What's the matter?" Steve half asked, half teased. "Scared of a little lightning?"

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," the god replied.

Suddenly, a man opened the ramp and grabbed Loki by the throat. He yanked him off of the jet with him landing somewhere in the abyss below.

"Damn it!" you shouted, annoyed out of your mind.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" said the Captain.

"I have a plan. Attack," Stark replied before jumping off of the jet in pursuit. Steve grabbed a parachute and dove after him. Natasha sighed.

"You'd better go after them, L/N," she said. "They radiate toxic masculinity. You'll need to stop them from ripping each other to shreds."

"On it," you said before grabbing a parachute and diving down yourself. You landed somewhere on a mountain, seeing Loki not too far away. You sped up to him and tied him to a tree before he had time to react. Then, you gave Natasha your coordinates so that she could come to pick him up. 

"I'm not letting you get away," you said to him, tucking a stray strand of (H/C) hair behind your ear.

"I assumed so since you've tied me to a goddamn tree," he sneered.

You chuckled, before nearing the edge of the cliff.

"Sorry, my king," you drawled. "But I really should be going now."

You let yourself fall back over the mountain, hoping to join the Captain and Tony. Once you'd sped over to where the trio was standing, you saw that everything within a mile had been blown up.

"Holy smokes guys, what have you done?" you exclaimed.

"Ask Point Break over there," said Tony, clearly unhappy about the recent developments. "It's his fault for swinging that hammer around."

You looked to where he was pointing and saw the hammer. It was the one that you were observing at New Mexico a year ago. Looking up, you saw the face of an old friend - if you could call him that.

"Thor!?" you yelled, startled.

"Lady Y/N? It has been quite a while," he replied.

"Hey, Lady Y/N, how come you know all of the god people?" asked Tony.

"Not now, Stark," you groaned. "First we'll get back to the Quinjet, then I'll answer questions."

Thor and Tony flew back up the mountain, leaving you and Steve bellow.

"You can just use your super-speed to get back up, I'll... be there in a bit," he said.

"What, and let you have all the fun?" you joked. "Nah, we're in this together bud."

The two of you began your long trek back to the Quinjet.