Chapter Fifteen: (Hey mama), welcome to the 50s (ep 1:12)

HELLO EVERYBODY: ANOTHER CHAPTER!

Two things: first, I'm participating in Nano this year with His Girl, so I'm working on it so much, I am so driven!  My aim is to get as far with s 1 as I possibly can. If you want to add me as a buddy:  my name is Indah21!

Second: dedication goes to the person who knows where the title is from xD Officially it was another decade and it's a song xD

Happy reading and lots of love ~Indah

Chapter Fifteen: (Hey mama) Welcome to the 50s (ep 1:12)

For a moment I was speechless. “So, basically, you don’t know anything about her. Or me. Or how on earth she could’ve been pregnant with me.” He stood up from behind his desk and sat on a table. “Not exactly. But if you had listened to me before, you’d know she was a student of my wife’s at Duke, not my BFF.”

I rolled my eyes. “Did you just use BFF as an acceptable abbreviation? I am sincerely disappoint- what is it with you that whatever you say makes me want to diverge from the subject because it’s just ridiculous,” I said, raising my hands in frustration. “It’s also because you are a smartass and can’t help yourself.” I forced myself not to smile.

“So basically, what you’re saying is that you don’t know anything.” He shrugged. “Not in details no. I do , however, know someone who can help you. Lydia, Alexis’ sister. After Alexis disappeared, Isobel asked me to send some of Alexis’ college stuff over to Lydia, and she gave me her home address.” “You still got that?” “It must be dusty and old, but it’s somewhere at least. And even if she might not live there anymore, I’m sure her family does.”

“Text me when you got it,” I said, handing over my phone for him to note his number in and save mine. As he was typing, my eyes fell upon the stack of paper on his desk. I grabbed the upper one with a striking red A written on it, together with the name of my little brother.

“This is Jer’s paper?” I asked, flipping through the pages. “Well, he’s obviously back on track.” Alaric handed me back my phone. “That’s another issue I wanted to talk about with you. Did you give him that subject?” I read the first line and then looked up to Alaric, astounded.

“Fact or fiction: vampires in Mystic Falls? You’re joking, right?” “I wish I were. Did you talk to him about it?” “No,” I exclaimed. “I would never. He’s just a kid. And even if he weren’t, everybody in in this case better off when left ignorant. Does he believe it?”

“Well, the paper made it quite clear he’s very sceptical, but I wanted to ask him anyway. The strange thing is that all of the events he described and the way vampires were being portrayed sound extremely legit. For a non-believer. I’m also planning on asking where he got his sources, as it must be something of great value.”

“I suppose so. For in the fire place that is. If such extensive records of vampires exist, it’s not a good thing. I want him kept out of this,” I spoke directly. “Especially with this stuff about to go down,” I added under my breath. “You’re doing okay?” he asked, his voice concerned. I smiled broadly at him. “You should know that by now, I’m always in peril, Ric.”

After I had said goodbye to him, I drove home. The second I opened the door, I was hit by the smell of delivery pizza. Jer was sitting at the kitchen table, hoarding his pizza slices inside with a speed that was unnatural. “Hey Calls,” he called out, almost inaudible and I shoved my hand in front of my face to cover my eyes from the direct view of over chewed pizza.