Chapter Eleven: Storm the Sorrow(ep 1:8).

Note: I want to thank all of my readers for sticking with me for so long. I will improve uploading, I know I said that plently of times now, but this time I really mean it. Thank you for reading Calla story, as she's one of my favourite characters, if not my favourite.

Dedicated to Daphne, because.... Well, let's just say for being my dopplegänger and more xD

Picture on the side features Calla's dress.... I just want it myself, that's like all the reason for why she's wearing it xD

Chapter Eleven: Storm the Sorrow(ep 1:8).

“Calla?” I looked up to Liz Forbes sitting across the table from me. I had been fiddling with my lily ring and (honestly) hadn’t been paying any attention to her either. Which I probably should seeing I was at the sheriff’s station and she was questioning me about Vicki Donavan. Whom I killed, just for the record.

“Yes, sheriff?” I said. “You’re here because Tyler told me you were very much surprised that Vicki was around. Was she?” I sighed. “Yes, but she left right after the Halloween party. Look, I don’t know anything. We weren’t exactly BFFs,” I said harshly. “I know, but Tyler told me you went to Stefan Salvatore right after you found out she was back in Mystic Falls.”

“Stefan’s a good friend,” I smiled.  “And I was worried for my brother. That’s why I called him.” Liz frowned. “You know Elena said exactly the same to me before. You must trust Stefan a lot then.” I stood up and grabbed my jacket from my chair.

“We do. Plus, that should give us more credit.” “Calla, you know I don’t think you’re lying-” “You just have to think that for your research, I get that. Are we done?” Liz scribbled something down on a notepad and then said: “Just one more thing: do you think Vicki will come back?”

I took a deep breath and pulled a neutral face. “No. It’s in her nature, look at her mother. She’s not coming back, at least not before graduation.” And with those words I walked out of the station, opening the door for Jeremy, who walked in after me.

Elena and Jenna were waiting outside. “Are you okay?,” Elena asked. I nodded. “I’m fine. You know what, I’m going to get something to drink.” I walked back to the vending machine and searched for some change in my jacket pocket. I couldn’t do it. Smile at Jenna and cross the sympathy glances from Elena and the unknowing ones from Jeremy.

Personally, I didn’t know what I found worse.

Suddenly, a coin was pushed inside the vending machine and I looked up to Stefan. “Ah, look what we’ve got here. Rejected, alone and depressed. What’s up Stef?” “Stop it. Would you mind to listen to what I’ve got to say for a moment.” I pressed the button that would give me a coke and looked at him. “I’m sorry. Aside from being my sister,  Elena is also one of my best friends. Hanging out with  her ex wouldn’t exactly increase my popularity.”
“Look, I just want to know how you’re doing. After Halloween and all.” I opened the can which sizzled when I pulled the lid. “I had a wonderful birthday Stefan, thanks for asking. Seventeen’s been treating me great thus far, something that can’t be said of you.  Seeing the fact it’s kinda bugging you eternally.” His mouth turned more toward a hard line. “Calla…”

“What Stefan? I’m not going to snap, if that’s what you think. I did what was best for everyone. Including myself. I know what you’re thinking: she’s human, she can’t handle it.” I took a sip of my soda and walked around him, out of the building. “I am not Damon, Stefan. And sure as hell, I am not Elena. We’re done here.”

Outside, I walked toward Jenna’s car and stepped in the backseat next to Jeremy. Elena turned around, using her eyes to ask : ‘What happened?’  I nodded back at her, bowing my head into my brother’s direction. “Are you ready?” Jenna asked, meeting my eyes through the rear view mirror. “Sure, can you drop me off at Bonnie’s?” I asked her and she drove off.