20. You Dropped Your Phone...

i walked out of my apartment, walking to the bookstore about a block from my house. i love to read. i guess you can say i'm a book nerd. reading was a big thing for me in high school, most people thought i was weird for it, but i say i'm learning something new everyday.

i walked in the bookstore, my eye catches someone who i wasn't really familiar with, i'm here everyday. i come in the same time, and leave the same time. but this guy didn't look like he read books. he was too pretty to be here.

"y/n, how are you!" the librarian asked me.

"i'm doing great, karen." i smile a small smile. the pretty boy looks at me, he has a very intimidating face. i head a different direction from him. i was gonna read some young adults books, but i guess reading non-fiction is okay.

i find something about blue whales, and read just a bit. i saw him again, he was just staring at me. i look behind me to see if he was actually staring at me. he was. but i turn back and he's gone. maybe he wants to ask me a question, or maybe i'm really that unattractive.

something inside wanted to ask what he wanted. but also i have social anxiety. especially with someone that good looking. i shook off my thoughts and continued reading the book about blue whales. i saw karen heading my way.

"he's new in town," she says.

"and i think he likes you," like me? oh, okay. that's funny.

"likes me? i highly doubt it." i said, then going back to my book. she shrugs walking off. it had me thinking. likes me? i hadn't had someone like me since 11th grade. but i got my hopes up too high. i just learned after that, to never date someone out of your league. they play with you heart. anyway, i'm out of his league and my trust issues are very low. as you can tell i don't have many friends. i only have a few, some from college, and some from back home.

it's finally time for me to head out, but i noticed a phone on the ground by the exit. i turn on the phone to hopefully get an id of the person. it was that pretty guy.

"hey, karen?" i saw that she was reading a book, i felt bad for disturbing her.

"yes, y/n?" she looked up from the book she was reading.

"uh, that guy, we were talking about earlier, he left his phone." she smirks. what is she thinking? i don't like this look on her face.

"i have his address, right here!" she says so excitedly. i sigh mentally. she comes up to me, and hands me a slip of paper. i recognized this street. i thank her, but not sure if i'll forgive her for this.

i walk out of the bookstore to the address. apparently we live in the same apartment building. what are the odds, if i didn't see him in the library, i would've seen him anyway.

i open the door to the apartment building, and i get knocked to the ground by a heavy body. great.

"i am so, sorry." a deep voice said. my eyes were closed so i didn't know who was talking to me. i open them slowly. it's the pretty boy.

"you're good." i smile a little, my head so hurting. he gave me a concerned look. i then remember what i was then doing before he knocked me on the floor. i sit

"uh, you dropped your phone. i was trying to give it to you, the librarian had your address. so-" he cuts me off.

"thanks, but do you need ice? i knocked you on the ground pretty hard i see a bump forming." i smiled.

"uh, i'm good, i can just go to my apartment and get some." he didn't seem to like the answer i gave him coming from the face he was making.

"i don't want you to walk to your apartment, something could be seriously wrong." he helped me up off the floor. i looked into his deep brown eyes. god, they were beautiful. i see him to start blushing.

"uh, i can walk it's in the building." i walk past him to walk towards the elevator.

"my name's jack." i turned around, and smiled.

"y/n." i push the button on the elevator. it opened, i walked in, and turned. i saw him smile, then the elevator doors closed.

OKAY YES IM BACK. :) i might double upload.
-renee 🕸