Eleven: A Break Up

"Hey" I greet Gio as I take a seat in front of him. He's wearing a hoodie with jeans. He looks handsome. It's different from his usual clothes, he looks better like this.

"Hey" he says. His eyes linger on the two marks he left on my neck. He smiles when my hand takes his. I rub my thumb on the outside of his hand.

"What are we going to do about this?" I ask.

"I should break up with Ava, I cheated and she deserves better. I want to apologize to you for putting you in this position. I want to know how you feel. I feel horrible, I feel like I toke advantage and I'm sorry" he says shyly. He's embarrassed.

"I feel better than yesterday, we shouldn't have kissed. I was vulnerable, but I let it happen because I like you" I tell him.

"You like me too?" He asks. Bryan walks past and his eyes only briefly connect with mine.

"Of course I like you Gio" I tell him.

"I just want to make sure Ava is fine before anything" he says and I nod. He nervously hold his cup making him seem so innocent. I know he isn't. Why is he constantly looking innocent?

"What are you doing with her?" Ava asks Gio.

"She's my friend Ava" Gio says trying to hide his neck. Like I assumed Ava catches on. She pulls it down and I put my hair up so she has a clear view. She looks over at mine and I see her light green eyes turn a dark moss like green.

"You fucked her?" Ava asks with clenched teeth.

"No" Gio says standing in front of me. I cling to his arm, if looks could kill I'd be six feet under by now.

"We're done, I hope she makes you suffer and fills your life with sorrow. I hate you" Ava says. Her voice is hateful and filed to the brim with pain. Her eyes water but she stands tall.

"I'm sorry" Gio says trying to take her hand in his. She moves clenching her jaw.

"I hate you, you knew I hated her and still you cheated with her. Don't you dare speak to me again Giovanni" she says walking away with her head held high.

"Do you want me to give you some space?" I ask him.

"Yes, I need time to think" he says and I grab my bag from the floor.

"If you need anything I'm here for you" I tell him and he nods. I walk out of the cafeteria and go to my locker.

"What's your angle?" Bryan asks slamming my locker shut.

"With Gio?" I asks.

"Yes with Giovanni" he says, saying Giovanni's whole name as if correcting me.

"I don't know he cought me in a vulnerable moment" I tell him.

"You're never vulnerable, you just like to fuck with people. You have a fucken angle" Bryan says.

"When Vivian and I were taken to see the principle, we noticed that she's Ava's mom. Earlier I saw Tito, Tito is Ava's brother now. I talked to Ava's mom and she told me to stay away from Tito or she'd send me back. I was crying because I was frustrated and Gio showed up. I needed someone and he was there" I tell Bryan. Talking about it makes me tear up.

"I want to be here for you next time, I don't want you near him Nadia. I know you not him, I have good intentions with you. I don't know his. He might seem good but we don't know him like that" Bryan says taking my hand in his.

"I couldn't hold it back anymore, I just feel like Ava always wins. I don't care about her money. I care about Tito, but she threatened me. I have nothing, she can easily tare me apart. It's unfair" I tell him.

"We'll find a way around it, we just need to think with a clear mind. Don't feel like you always have to stay strong. I will always be here for you" Bryan says.

"Thanks, but right now I need a break. I want to be alone and figure some shit out" I tell him.

"That's fine, just promise me you'll call me and only me" he says putting his hand on my arm.

"I want to explore later, do you want to join me?" I ask.

"Yeah" he says with a small smile.

"Alone, or with our room mates?" I ask. He debates it in his head for while.

"They probably would enjoy some time out" Bryan says.

"We could do something alone after" I tell him and he nods.

"See you later" Bryan says and I leave before him. He's changing. Bryan hasn't been thoughtful since we were little. I like him this way though.