Fourteen: Maybe Family?

I open the door into my room and the whole gang is inside. Everyone looks over at me and I get flustered. Gio holds my hand tightly and Bryan's jaw clenches.

"Can I call you later?" I ask Gio and he nods. He leaves and I close the door.

"What was that about?" Vivian asks with a smirk looking towards the door. I take a seat on my bed and shrug my shoulders. I notice Ruben and her are close to each other. They've been getting close and I can't help but love them together. Ruben would never hurt her and she needs someone as amazing as Ruben in her life.

"Nothing were just friends" I tell her and she doesn't believe me.

"He doesn't believe that, he looked like a kid during Christmas" Bryan says.

"How would you know what that looked like?" I ask and he throws a pillow at me.

"Shut the fuck up Nadia" Bryan says and I laugh. Whatever.

"I think Ava and I are related" I blurt out and they all stare at me like I've grown another head.

"What?" Ruben asks and I nod.

"I met her dad and he knows a lot about my family. He has my birthmark and we share a lot if physical traits" I tell them.

"Does Ava know?" Vivian asks.

"Nope, but he gave me his card and said to contact him for more info" I tell them showing the card he gave me.

"There are too many damn coincidences in this damn school. First Tito and then Ava's dad. I'm starting to think this was planned" Bryan says and I nod.

"I asked Ava's mom and she said that it was principle MacLean who made this happen" I tell them.

"Give him a call later and schedule a meeting with him. If it turns out you are you can make bank or even get your dad out. That guy must have a lot of money" Ruben says.

"I don't want to associate myself with her. I will meet with him but only to get the information he offers. He seemed to know my mom really well. I want to know more about where she came from and stuff. Plus maybe he'll let me get close to Tito" I tell them.

"I hope everything turns out good for you Nadia you deserve good news for a change" Vivian says sitting next to me and taking my hand into her's.

"If it's good news for me it's good news for all of us or I won't accept anything" I tell her. She smiles, but I don't think she believes it.

"We should go out tonight, last time was fun" Ruben says.

"I'm not in the mood" Bryan says getting up and dusting himself off.

"Why?" I ask.

"I want to have fun at a party. Danielle invited me and I think her company is what I need" he says. My heart feels like someone just squeezed it hard.

"Well I'm down, should I invite Gio?" I ask. I notice Bryan roll his eyes.

"You're fucken annoying with that preppy boy. You and him will never work. Do you really think your the type he's going to take home to mommy? If you do, you're stupid. He's just with you for a good time" Bryan says motioning to the hickeys. I walk up to him and he's ready for me to slap him. Instead my knee goes up and he groans. I'm tired of him going off on me like this.

"I don't give a fuck about what you say, get that through your head. You were just an employee's son. I only treated you with respect because I felt bad for you. Don't think your anything special. I'm getting tired of you always disrespecting me" I tell him. I shove him with my shoulder and walk out of the room. I walk down the hall and notice Tito against a wall. "Hey" I greet him.

"Oh, uh hi" he says shyly.

"I saw your dad earlier, you hiding from him?" I ask jokingly.

"Kind of" he says. If Ava's dad harms Tito I swear I will make her life a living hell.

"Why?" I ask.

"Personal" he says looking down.

"I know you see me as a stranger but I promise you can trust me. I wouldn't do anything to harm you" I tell him.

"It's not bad I promise, he's just hard on me. He scares me with how strict he is that's all" he says.

"I get that, somewhat. I used to be out all day and night avoiding to go home" I tell him.

"It's not that bad, I just have bad anxiety and he triggers it with all the questions" he tells me. I hear voices coming but I don't recognize them.

"Damn that's tuff, anxiety is always hard to crack" I tell him.

"Anthony" Ava says and I roll my eyes.

"Hi Nadia" Miguel Angel greets me. Ava hatefully stares at me.

"I have to go" I say annoyed. This family will be the death of me.