The Land of Oz

A few minutes later, Sabrina woke up and fell like the house was falling. She looked out her window and saw that the house was indeed falling—the earthquake had been so powerful that the house had fallen through a portal. Before she knew it, the house had landed. Sabrina put her violin in its case and took it and her purse with her to see what was going on. But when she opened the front door, she found herself in a strange land. There were adorable little houses, and the sun was shining—and Sabrina realized where she may be...or where she may not be.

"I don't think I'm in Albuquerque anymore," Sabrina told herself.

Suddenly, there was a big pink bubble flying down, and inside that bubble was a woman wearing a Mexican-like dress, and she looked just like Carmen.

"Now I know I'm not in Albuquerque at all," Sabrina gasped.

"Hello, and welcome to the land of Oz—I'm Marisa, the Good Witch of the North," Marisa smiled. "Munchkins, come out and greet our new guest."

The Munchkins came out, and they were happy to meet Sabrina.

"Wow, you all look very happy," Sabrina pointed out.

"Of course, we are—you murdered the Wicked Warlock of the East," one Munchkin smiled.

"She did?" Marisa gasped.

Marisa and Sabrina turned to the house to find two feet sticking out from underneath.

"Dear lord, what have I done?" Sabrina gasped

"You've done a very good thing," Marisa smiled. "That Warlock was a pain in the butt, and he's been terrorizing the Munchkins. Worst of all, he hated music."

"But you stopped all that—you're a hero," the Mayor Munchkin smiled. "We ought to celebrate!"

"Say no more," Sabrina smiled. She put her violin case down and took out her violin.

"You play?" one Munchkin asked.

"I've been playing violin since I was little," Sabrina smiled. "I'd be happy to play a few songs for you." She started to play "The Latin Quarter" by Rudy Vallee, and the Munchkins were enjoying themselves. Then she played "Old Brass Wagon". She played many songs on her violin for the Munchkins.

But the celebration didn't last very long—there was a big puff of smoke, and there was an evil witch much to Sabrina's horror. All the Munchkins ran and hid from the evil witch, and Sabrina quickly put her violin away. Marisa used her magic to keep the violin safe.

"Who is that?" Sabrina gulped.

"That would be the Warlock's sister, the Wicked Witch of the West," Marisa replied.

The Witch was very angry, and she went up to Sabrina and Marisa. "Who killed my brother?" she growled. "Who killed the Warlock of the East? Was it you?"

"No, it was an accident—I can explain," Sabrina gulped.

"Please do," the Witch said.

"There was an earthquake in my hometown, and it must've been powerful enough to make my house fall here," Sabrina said.

"Well, my little pretty, I can cause accidents, too," the Witch smirked. "Oh, I almost forgot—the amethyst slippers." She went over to the house to retrieve them.

"I don't think so—I think they look better on her," Marisa smirked. With her magic, the slippers disappeared off the dead Warlock and reappeared on Sabrina, replacing her black boots.

"Goodness!" Sabrina gasped

"You must keep tight inside of them—their magic must be very powerful, or she wouldn't want them so badly," Marisa told her.

"You stay out of this, Marisa, or I'll fix you as well!" the Wicked Witch threatened.

"Oh, rubbish, you have no power here," Marisa scoffed. "Now be gone before someone drops a house on you, too."

"Very well—I'll bide my time," the Wicked Witch accepted. She turned to Sabrina and snarled, "I'll get you, my pretty, and those amethyst slippers, too!" She let out a cackle and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Marisa made the violin reappear and said, "You can come out—she's gone." As the Munchkins came out, Marisa told Sabrina, "I'm afraid you've made rather a bad enemy of the Wicked Witch of the West. The sooner, you get out of Oz, the safer you'll sleep."

"I'd give anything to get out of Oz, but how can I get back to Albuquerque?" Sabrina asked. "I got here by earthquake."

"Well, you wouldn't want to get back the same way you came," Marisa told her. "The only person who might know would be the great and wonderful Wizard of Oz himself. He lives in the Emerald City, and that's a long journey from here. The Munchkins will make sure you safely reach the border of Munchkin Land, and remember: never let those amethyst slippers off your feet for a moment, or you'll be at the mercy of the Wicked Witch of the West. By the way, be careful with that violin—music is her one weakness, especially violin music. If she hears too much, she's good as gone."

"Okay, but how do I start for Emerald City?" Sabrina asked.

"It's always best to start at the beginning, and all you do is follow the Blue Brick Road," Marisa replied.

Sabrina went over to the start of the Blue Brick Road. "But what happens if I...?" she tried to ask.

"Just follow the Blue Brick Road," Marisa said. Then she got into her bubble and flew away.

"My, people come and go so quickly here," Sabrina remarked. She looked down and started to follow the Blue Brick Road, and the Munchkins sang to her.

Follow the Blue Brick Road

Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the Blue Brick Road

Follow the Blue Brick, follow the Blue Brick, Follow the Blue Brick Road

You're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz

You'll find that he is a whiz of a whiz if ever a whiz there was

If ever oh ever a whiz there was

The Wizard of Oz is one because, because, because, because, because, because, because of the wonderful things he does

You're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz!

The Munchkins cheered loudly as they waved goodbye to their heroine.