Chapter 1. The Beginning of a new life

a/n- welcome to my other how to train your dragon book. I will be setting everything up and this will be going off of how to train your dragon 2 the movie. Although I will be doing my own storyline and will only have little clips of the movie in my book. Sorry if I rush anybody's relationship, I tend to do that in my books accidentally. I will also have short chapters just so I can have more chapters in the book. 

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

I sit up and yawn glancing out my window to see the sun just rising above the ocean. I get out of bed changing into my long pants and my long sleeve shirt. I then slide on my eye cover to cover my brown eye. I brush my hair and head downstairs seeing mom packing our things. "What's the matter, mom?" I ask as I gently grab her hand making her look up at me and I instantly saw something wrong.

"They have your father, they said they were gonna kill him so we have to leave so they don't kill us next. Quickly pack up the important things because we can't return for a while or ever." She quickly said as she went around the house grabbing things that we would need. My heart shattered and I quickly went upstairs grabbing my backpack and satchel that I slide over my shoulder. I start packing away what I think is most important in my backpack. I then put all my daggers, journals, and pencils into my little satchel. I then close it and pulls on my backpack after closing the flap.

:-:-: A few minutes pass :-:-:

I came downstairs after double-checking the rooms to make sure we have everything. I see mother grab the bags so I grab one to help her out as she responds "thank you, dear." I nod and we quickly leave the house only to see father up on a platform with a crowd around it. My body tenses as we move to the forest but before I enter I glance back to my dad. A few tears slide down my face as I see Drago murder my father in cold blood. 

I mumble as I enter the forest "I will get my revenge, Drago" I then quickened my pace. I ended up on the shore to see my mother placing her things into a small boat that was hidden. I put my things next to her's but I leave on the satchel. I help her push the boat out into the water and she gets in as I keep pushing. A small wave helps me and soon the boat is floating away from the island. I quickly get in having my waist and below wet but I didn't care.

"Mother let's try and sleep, who knows how long it'll be till we hit land," I told her and she nodded and laid down. I put her head in my lap helping her keep warm as I lean onto the boat side watching as we float away. A few tears slid down my face as all the memories from the island played.