Chapter 10

Melody's POV
"Sleep. Eat. Go to school. Get through the year."
"Sleep. Eat. Go to school. Get through the year." I whisper to myself again and again as I wait for classes to finally begin.

The warning bell rings just as everyone files through the classroom door. As I watch everyone come through the door, I can't help but search for one person in particular. Stupid Julian Price. Why can't I get him off my mind? I am pulled from my thoughts when I hear the loud squeak of a chair. I turn my head to find Jax seated next to me with an adorable smile on his face.

"Hi Mels!"

"Hey Jax. What's Up?" I ask trying to disguise my sadness as much as possible.

"Nothing much. Except! DRUM ROLL PLEASE!" he looks at me expectantly with a happy gleam in his eyes. Unable to withstand his beseeching stare I start drumming by fingers on the table. Jax gives me a satisfied smile as he reaches into his backpack "I present to you the greatest book to ever exist!" He says as he holds it out to me.

I gladly except the book and turn it over in my hands "So...what book did you bring me?" He asks as he shuffles around in his seat.

Authors note
I've given up on the story but if you guys want me to continue it comment/dm me.