12

xiaojun's. 

i don't have much time left.

i should confess to yahui how i really feel.

before its too late.

i pass by our favorite café and buy her favorite non-caffeine drink (since her state has gotten even worse).

i go straight to her house and was greeted by a sleepy yahui.

opening the door, her eyes widened upon seeing me, "oh my god, xiaojun! today totally slipped my mind!"

"its already afternoon, yahui. did you just wake up?" i asked as i handed the drink

"yeah, i'm really sorry. give me 20 minutes and i'll get ready."

i stayed in the living room watching tv while waiting for yahui.

even with the tv on, i keep practicing what i will tell her later.

*~* 

i smile as she walks down the stairs and took her hand in mine as we bid her mother good bye.

we silently walked hand in hand on the way to the park.

i already had a picnic set-up there with the help of my supportive friends.

before reaching the location, i cover yahui's eyes with my handkerchief.

"what's wrong with you, xiaojun" she laughed at me.

i ignored the question and assisted her in reaching our spot.

i stood behind her and took off the cover, "well, surprise". 

"you prepared all these?" she asked with her hand over her mouth.

"got some help from my friends though."

"thank you" she smiled and gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

we took our time enjoying the food i prepared for the whole afternoon and talking and laughing about some memories. 

the moon is slowly taking the place of the sun. 

we left the picnic area and walked around the park. 

i had another place prepared for when i confess to yahui.

"xiaojun, look! i think there's an event over there! let's take a look!" she exclaimed as she tugged at my arm and dragging me to the place.

i smiled as she found the place we have prepared. i knew it was the right decision to put a lot of lights and lanterns there. good thing, i had some at home as well as my friends and it thankfully, the park's management allowed us to do it as long as clean up after our mess.

we stopped when we entered the particular part of the park. a friend of mine was hiding behind the big bushes and handed over the bouquet of flowers while yahui was amazed by the set-up of the place. he gave me a thumbs-up and silently ran to our other friends.

i can do this.

this is what i dreamed to tell yahui.

i close my eyes and took a deep breath and called out her name. 

everything turned like it was a scene in the movie. its like time slowed as she turned around and smiled. she hummed in response and seem shocked when she saw the flowers i was holding. 

"i don't want to miss the chance of telling you how i really feel" she raised her eyebrows in confusion "yahui, i really really like you. i want to be by your side as long as time permits us."

tears started to well up in her eyes and i took a step closer to wipe away those tears.

"honestly, its beyond the word 'like'. yahui, i love you."

"xiaojun, i love you too."