xiaojun's.

we walked out the hospital with frowns on our faces.

yahui wanted to take her own way home. i offered company but then she declined and told me she wanted some alone time.

i stayed with her mother who was waiting for a taxi.

"xiaojun?" she called as we sat by a bench just outside the hospital. 

"yes?"

"thank you for staying these past days. instead of spending it for personal use, you decided to be with us all the way."

"i'd do anything for your daughter, mrs. duan."

"she's extremely lucky to have you, son" she smiled and patted my shoulder.

son.

if only she can call me that in the future too.

i stopped a taxi as soon as one passed by.

"you should get get going, mrs. duan. yahui might need some company at home."

"thank you again, sweetheart" she smiled "stay safe."

i closed the taxi's door and watched the vehicle leave my sight. 

fortunately, the day that yahui called for a good news, she admitted her situation and there was a possible donor who fits the requirements.

we've been running tests these past few weeks and we have to go back to scratch.

despite having the same blood type, they weren't compatible.

i decided to walk my way home as well while thinking of everything that is happening.