10. Who Is He?

Ethan stared intently at the rear view mirror. "Try not to make it obvious that you're looking, but isn't that the same guy that came to my door?" He asked, swallowing loudly.

I used the side mirror sticking out from the door to inspect the car behind us. The uneasy dread filled my stomach again, making me feel like I was going to throw up. "I-It's him." I nodded my head slightly.

I watched as Ethan presses his foot harder on one of the pedals on the ground, the car started to speed up ever so slightly, so it wasn't obvious we were trying to get away from him.

"Maybe he doesn't know we've seen him?" I glanced back slightly.

"Who is he?" Ethan asked, his tone was firm and full of concern. "What does he want?"

He wants me, I thought, but instead I said, "Just focus on getting us somewhere with lots of people."

"What?" Ethan's head snapped over in my direction. You could almost hear the panic in his voice. "What do you think he wants to do with you?" He glanced back in the rear view mirror.

"It doesn't matter. Think of a well populated place, with loads of people. One that's close." I told him.

"There isn't one for a couple of miles. At least ten minutes from here." Ethan looked up at the mirror, his car was definitely getting nearer to us. I sighed. "What do you want me to do?" Ethan asked me.

"I need you to slow down and let me out of the car. Then drive away as fast as you can." I told him.

Ethan Dolan

I gaped at Blue in disbelief. "What?! I am not letting you out of this car. Are you insane?"

"You need to stay safe, Ethan." Blue shook her head. "I can't guarantee your safely if you're around when I confront him." She tells me. This girl is crazy.

"You don't need to confront him. We can make him follow us all the way to the police station, and then—"

"He's not going to let us get that far. You need to slow down." She argued. I glared at her, but she only stared levelly at me. I could see in her face that she'd made up her mind. Before Blue could do anything insane— like jump out of the car window, I reached to hit the lock button. But she was faster and already had the door open before my finger pressed the button.

"Oh my God. Blue, don't." I yelled at her but when she looked back at me, over her shoulder, her eyes were full of nothing but fiery determination.

"I knew you'd try that." She said rationally. "It wouldn't help me much if I got injured while jumping out of the car window because you locked the door, would it? Especially at the speed your going. So I'd appreciate it if you slowed down."

I stared at her in shock. "You're insane, Blue." I slammed my foot down on the brake causing us both to lunge forward, Blue nearly fell out of the open door. The car following us was too close to brake and was forced to swerve into the other lane, to avoid back-ending us.

I got a quick glanced at the drivers angry face before he too slammed on the brakes. He was starting to get out of the car. My eyes darted over to Blues, who was getting out of the car.

"Be safe." She whispered urgently, then began sprinting down the street, into the nearest field.

"Blue!" I called after her but she was too fast, she wouldn't be able to hear me. I watched as the man in the car was running after Blue, with what I could only presume was a gun in his hands. I stared in horror, before gritting my teeth.

I quickly turned the car on and parked it at the side of the road, before getting out of the car and sprinting after them.

No way was I letting that guy hurt Blue again.