Chapter 5: Lasagna

Chapter 5

Jaxon's Point of View

It was 9:30 on a Monday night, I was almost asleep on the couch. Brooke was asleep in her bedroom, and his parents were at some athletic trainer convention in Illinois. Dad was the athletic trainer, mom was a teacher, but she liked to tag along with him. I had my head phones on, and was listening to a song by B.O.B which seemed like the only way I could get to sleep these days.

A loud slam of the door woke me up immediately. I turned to the door, which I had irresponsibly forgotten to lock. Sam stood there, with her ball bag on her shoulder. She dropped it. She slipped of her slides she was wearing. Her hair was messy, and she had a scrape on her forehead. I'd forgotten that they had a game tonight. Typically boys had games the same night as the girls, but this season there season started earlier.

"So how was it?" I asked Sam who had a sullen look on her face.

"Do you have anything I can cram down my throat?"

She didn't wait for me to give her a reply, instead she made her way into the kitchen. She grabbed some leftover lasagna from the fridge. She started opening drawers, looking for something.

"To the right." I told her.

She went to the right drawer and grabbed a fork.

She then came to my spot on the couch, carrying the lasagna, not even bothering to heat it up.

"Bad." She said, taking a bite of the lasagna.

"Did you lose?"

"No we won, but we almost lost." She said with her mouth full.

I laughed.

She looked up at me.

"What?"

I didn't answer for a few moments, instead I just smiled and stared at her.

"Nothing, you're just cute."

"I'm hungry."

A smile spread across her face, then she took another bite out of the lasagna.

"You weren't going to eat this were you?" she questioned, her voice tired.

"No, mom made it for me so i'd have something to eat while they were gone, but I hate lasagna."

"Lasagna is delicious."

I laughed again. This time a lot louder from the first time.

"So how'd you get that scrape?" I pointed at her forehead.

She felt around on her forehead. She winced when her fingers ran over the fresh scrape.

"I don't even know at this point."

She put the lasagna on the table, then layed her feet across my lap. She had tiny feet. They were itty bitty compared to my ginormous foot. I wore a size 14 shoe, which wasn't exactly small.

"I'm exahausted, the game went into four overtimes, and do you know how many breaks Little Ms. Sammie got? None."

She put her hands back behind her head, and closed her eyes, then she let out a large yawn.

"Can I just crash here?"

"Of course, you can sleep in my room and I can sleep in my parents room if you want?" I asked her. She opened her eyes up again, and nodded her head.

I moved her feet off of my lap, then made my way to Brooke's room. She was sound asleep. Brooke had just turned 2 last month. Our rooms were right next to each other, which was nice. If she needed anything I was right there.

I then went into my room, quickly picking up some clothes on the floor, and an old pizza box. My room was always messy. It honestly wasn't as bad as it usually was. Probably because I wasn't here enough to dirty it up. Between basketball practice, and spending time with Sam I just was never home.

I walked out of my room and back into the quite living room. Sam was already asleep, and slightly snoring. She was cute when she snored... but really when wasn't she cute?

I slowly walked up to her. I placed one of my hands under her back, and the other under her legs. She was light of course. I bench pressed more than probably double what she weighed. She weighed probably just 100 pounds. I walked past Brooke's room, then walked into my room. I put her in my bed, then covered her up with the blankets on the bed.

'How'd I find someone as beautiful as you?' I thought to myself.

----------

Sam's Point of View

It was Tuesday morning and Jaxon had just dropped me off to get ready for school. I quietly walked through the door. My parents were waiting in the kitchen together. Great.

"Where have you been?" My dad questioned

I put my car keys in the bowl, then threw my bag in the corner.

"I was at Jaxon's." I said, my voice trembling a little.

My mother shook her head.

"What were you doing?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. This was typical dad. He was over protective, and didn't trust anyone, not even his own daughter.

"Umm... Lets see, first I ate some cold lasagna, then I fell asleep on his couch, is that good enough for you?" I raised my voice.

I couldn't wait to be out on my own, and away from them. I say that all the time, but it was becoming more and more of a fact.

"Why do you always think that I do bad things? Why are you so determined to find one of my flaws?" I asked, my voice whiny.

They said nothing, and continued looking at me with disappointed looks.

"Honey, we just want the best for you." My mom said, placing her hands on her stomach. It wasn't like they were totally crazy, I mean what parent wouldn't worry about their child that came home at 5 in the morning.

I let out a puff of air, then marched up the stairs to my bedroom.

They drove me crazy sometimes, and by sometimes I mean the larger majority of the time.

Authors note.

I got this chapter up quicker than i thought I would, it was short, but I hope you enjoy it. I probably won't be able to write for a while, but please keep reading!

-Love Maddie