Chapter 35

(Jennifer)

I stare out the plane window watching Paris shrink until I can't see anything but clouds and think about last night.

* the previous night *

I look up at the Eiffel tower in awe. Its much prettier in person. "Jen." I hear Josh's voice from behind me. "Yeah?" I say, turning around. He sets my bags down that he was carrying from when we went shopping earlier today and pulls something out of his pocket. My jaw drops as I see the diamond in his hand faintly sparkling in the moonlight. "Jennifer Shrader Lawrence will you marry me?" he asks. "Oh my god! Joshy, of course I will!" I take the ring out of his hand and put it on. "I love you so much!" I pull him into a tight hug. "I love you too." He whispers, as I start to release him.

*Present*

I feel a light tap on my shoulder bringing me back to the present. "You know we uh.... could go visit my mom. I haven't seen her in a while and a lot of important stuff has been happening recently." He picks up my hand and examines the ring. "Yeah that sounds great I'm sure she'll be just as excited as my mom was about the baby." I smile at him.

We walk inside the apartment, both of us loaded with bags from our trip. "I'm gonna go call my mom and see when she wants us to come is that okay?" He asks, starting to walk towards the bedroom. "Yeah." I looking through my bags of clothes. "She said we could come tonight if you want to." He walks back into the living room. "Yeah that's fine were already packed." I feel bad for not suggesting we go sooner, I know he really misses her. "Great I already told her everything and she's really excited to see you." He helps me switch the clothes in our bags for clean ones. We walk back out to the car and drive to the airport quickly hoping to catch the soonest flight possible.