•She's Not Afriad.•

I look out the window at the passing scene. The areas we pass become less and less familiar. I bet Pops is worried about me.

I look over at Zayn who seems to be lost in his own world, driving. I sigh softly. My brain is becoming a hazy field the more and more I think about it. And by it I mean him.

I don't usually enjoy Zayn's presence, but right now I don't mind it. He's quiet and not persterimg me so that's a huge plus. I look at him. By the way he's clenching his jaw, I'd say he's in deep thought.

"Where are we going?" My voice is quieter than I'd like. "He frowns, shaking his head. "Sh, I'm thinking."

I roll my eyes, grumbling user my breath. "Well could you think your way into a restaurant? Because I'm hungry."

He chuckles. "Fine. But only since you made me lose my train of thought."

I snort. "More like thread of thought,"

He laughs heartily.  "Funny. I like it, Ariel."

He strokes my reddish hair. I swat his hand away furiously. "Yeah, whatever Charming."

He chuckles, pulling into a place of eatery I've never seen. He gets out quickly, but before I have chance to open the door, he doesn't it for me. I get out of the car and head towards the door with him.

**

"Favorite movie?"

"Insidious 2. What's yours?"

"Okay, don't laugh.. But its Monsters Inc."

I burst out laughing. How could something so adorable obtain the interest of Zayn ?

He leans back on his booth. "Insidious, huh?

He starts humming a tone that I'm not familiar with. I give him a questioning look. "What? A guy can't hum?"

I chuckle to myself. "Whatever man."

"Okay, time to get serious. What do you like about me? I mean, I know its not much but its gotta be something right?"

I chew my lip. Surely theres something I like about him. Well, there is but I dont wanna tell him. He'd take it the wrong way.

I clear my throat. "Okay, um.. Well I like.. Shit man, I domt even know."

He chuckles, but a glint of hurt shows in his eyes and I cant help but to feel sad.

"Nothing? Come on, Mills, we've been enemies for far too long."

I shrug, playing with my fingers. "Okay, given that I absolutely can't stand you.. I do like your style. And im envious of your artistic ability, Malik."

He smiles, leaning back and looking quite satisfied with my answer. His eyes bore into mine and I know he's about to play a major mind game.

"You want me, dont you, Banks?"

I laugh dryly. "Dont flatter yourself, Malik."

He leans forward, getting close to my face. I try to move back a bit, but he grabs my forearm, making me stationary and staring into his eyes.

I swear, if he kisses me again...

"You either want me, or you're afraid of me. That's what this act is, Mila."

I may be officially freaked out by him because 1) he's insane for thinking that, and 2) he called me Mila. Mila. He only always calls me Mills.

"I am not afraid of you."

"You're not?"

"Nope, Mila is not afraid."

"She isn't?"

"No she is not."

He chuckles. He looks downright adorable and I want to slap the smirk off his face.

"She's not afraid of runnin' wild,"

I give him a questioning look. "Would you stop that?" Not only do I want him to stop making me uncomfortable, I want his flawless voice to stop making me melt on the inside. Its making it kinda hard to hate him.

"How come she's so afraid of falling in love,"

I frown, becoming irate. I pull him forward by his collar. "Listen here, Malik, I don't know what kind of games you play, but I'm not one for them. I am not afraid of anything or to fall in love. You irk my soul and I'd have Harry kick your ass."

He pulls away. "Well shit. Easy on the clothes Deathstroke."

I roll my eyes. My phone buzzes on my pocket and I pull it out. Thank the heavens that its Harry.

"Heyy. How's Malik time?" he asks into the phone. I'm so mad I could chuck this piece of shit across the room.

"Awful. Terrible. Shit. Don't you ever leave me with this dick again!"

Multiple heads turn, looking at me and I turn my middle finger up. I stand, walking out of the restaurant.

I hang up the phone after a good string of profanities to Harry. I yank on Zayn's car door, wanting him to unlock his car.

"I'm not gonna open it,"

I fly around to see Zayn leaned against another car. I roll my eyes, huffing in pure frustration. Can't believe I thought he was merely okay.

"Fine. I don't need you." I sneer. I start to walk towards the sidewalk. Its hella dark and I'm praying for one of those cliché moments where he stops me. And just my luck, he does. But I wish he didn't.

"Mills, wait," he says. I turn around, a small distance between us, but enough to talk to one another.

"What?"

A smirk pulls on his lips and his eyes travel my body, before meeting mine.

"Have fun dancing in the dark."

I breathe a fake laugh. "I've waltzed in darker places, dickwad."

I start to walk off again and this time he doesn't stop me. Instead, he laughs.

"She's not afraid," he mumbles. I scoff, making my way into the night.

×××

So I was listening to She's Not Afraid by 1D and I got some type of inspiration from it. Anyways, I hope you like the chapter!!
—jojo xoxo